Second Chance At Love: Chapter 16

Hey guys! I havent had internet connection all weekend, so sorry it took so long for me to upload! well here it is! Hope you like it!!!

Chapter 16:

"Hey," he said. He literally looked like he was in pain.

"How have you been?" I asked awkwardly. This whole thing was awkward.

"Fine," he said.

"That's good."

"You?" he asked me, although it didn't look like he wanted to ask it.

"I've been pretty good."

"Awesome," he replied. His face said anything but that.

"What are you doing in New York?" I asked. I wanted this conversation to be over.

"Visiting family, you?"

"I go to NYU." Dang, shouldn't tell him that. He might stalk me. DAMNIT! WHAT THE HELL IS WRONG WITH ME?? What has he ever done besides be good to me. I'm the jerk here. Man I hate myself sometimes.

"Oh so that's where you decided to go."

"Yeah," I said, looking around. It seemed like everyone had gotten quiet and was listening to our conversation, but everyone was absorbed in their own stuff.

"That's awesome." Again. Didn't look like he thought so.

"Mhmm.... Why are you going to Philadelphia?" I asked.

He looked away, "Just a stop on the way back to Arizona." I nodded.

"How's everything going there?" I asked, "How's work?"

"Good. I finally got a new receptionist." His face twisted into unrecognizable emotions.

I winced, "Great, how is she?" This was getting too weird.

"Honestly not as great as you."

I laughed, "Sorry about that."

"Me too," he said.

We stood there silently for a minute before I decided to end this.

"Alright, well it was great talking Taylor, but I better get back to my seat." I said.

"Yeah me too, Monica. It was good seeing you."

I smiled, and offered him my hand. He took it and pulled me into a hug. As he wrapped his arms around me I stood there stiffly for a minute, but then I thought what the heck, and I hugged him back.

"Bye Taylor."

"Bye, Monica."

I walked away, heading back for my seat and sat down to Cassidy. She was listening to her ipod but ripped out her earphones when I sat down.

"What took you so long?" she asked me.

"Oh I ran into a friend," I said.

"Oh okay," she replied, plugging her earphones back in.

I sat there thinking about my time with Taylor a few months ago. I missed him that was for sure. But I still knew I didn't want a relationship. Not with him. But he made a good friend. Like Ryan. I sighed. Was anyone going to be right for me? The right person is gone. I missed Damon so much it hurts. But I missed my mother too. I pulled out the picture of me and Damon that was in my purse. The one where he was on my back. As I was looking at it Cassidy ripped it out of my hands.

"What is this?" she asked me.

"Cassidy, give it back!" I was not in the mood for this. I didn't want to put up with her teasing. Her face turned from boredom, wanting to antagonize me to sadness.