Second Chance At Love: Chapter 32

Guess what guys? My story is at 200 pages on Microsoft Word now! Which sadly, is only like 75 or something on here. But still! It's exciting! Hope you guys are still liking this story and aren't bored!

Sorry this is so short.

Chapter 22:

At around two in the morning, I woke up to Marina crying.

"I'm coming, I'm coming..." I mumbled sleepily, pushing myself off of Damon who was snoring lightly.

"Wha? What?" he said, waking up as I used his chest to push myself up. Oops!

"Its just Marina. But do you want to get her since you're already awake?" I asked hopefully.

"Sure," he said, nodding sleepily. Bless him. He climbed out of bed and headed to Marina's crib.

I smiled and snuggled back into the bed, quickly dozing off.

I woke back up as Damon climbed into bed, with Marina in his arms.

"What are you doing?" I asked him.

"She won't go back to sleep. Just let her sleep with us this once. I'm too tired to stay up," he said, snuggling down with her in between us.

I nodded against my wishes, "Just this once. We can't let her get used to this," I replied.

He nodded and wrapped his arms around me.

We were all three spooning, Marina with her head up by ours.

If it wasn't two in the morning I would've been awed by how cute we are.

I fell back asleep, nothing on my mind except for how much I loved the two people in my bed.

I was vaguely aware of a door opening and shutting, and some cursing.

"Dammit Monica, why do you leave your dang heels all over the floor?"

I ignored the high-pitched voice and shut my eyes tighter. I could feel Marina's little hands on my back, and Damon's even breathing on my neck.

"Aww. That is just too cute."

I heard someone digging around and then some snapping.

I groaned, not wanting to get up and hating the person who was making all the noise.

"Leave me alone," I muttered, pulling Damon's hands, which were on my stomach, tighter around me.

"Mmm?" Damon mumbled, his breath sending shivers down my spine.

"Damon, leave me alone. I don't want to get up."

"Me either," he mumbled.

I opened my eyes and lifted my head. There stood a grinning Cassidy at the foot of my bed, holding a camera.

"Good Lord," I mumbled, rubbing my eye with my hand, "What do you want? How'd you even get in?" I asked impatiently.

She just kept grinning.

"Do you guys even know how cute you look?" she asked me.

I ignored her and climbed out of bed, tucking the blanket around Damon and Marina who were still sleeping. I walked past her and grabbed a t-shirt, slipping it over my head.

"Come on," I said, motioning for her to follow me out of the bedroom area.

She walked out and I quietly shut the door behind her, smiling at Damon and Marina before I did.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, sitting down across from her at the little table.

"I thought maybe we should talk," she said, playing with an empty mug sitting on the table.