Second Chance At Love: Chapter 7

Alright guys, would you please do me a favor and vote? Even if you dont comment, its so easy to vote. Its so discouraging spending so much time writing this and then to not have any votes or comments. It makes me want to quit. So please?

Chapter 7:

When I woke up I was in the bed in the guest room that I was staying in. I guess Taylor moved me. I could smell the mouthwatering aroma of pancakes coming from the kitchen, so I climbed out of bed and headed for the kitchen.

"I thought you said that you couldn't cook," I said, walking into the bright kitchen.

Taylor turned away from the skillet he was in front of.

"I lied," He said grinning, "I just didn't want to make anything last night."

I laughed. After eating pancakes and showering, I walked into the living room where Taylor was and took a seat on the chair opposite from him.

"Hey, what's up?" he asked.

"I guess I'm going to head out and look for a place to stay," I told him.

He looked sad.

"What?" I asked.

"It's nothing, I just wish that you would stay here for a while," he said quietly.

"I feel like I'm imposing," I said quietly, "I mean, I meet you at a bar and then what, I come live with you?"

"It could be that way," he said smiling.

I smiled sadly at him.

"No seriously," he said, "I live in this huge house all alone by myself. I'm lonely everyday and I need a roomate. I really don't know anyone who is looking for a place to live. Well... except for you."

I looked at him questioningly.

"Well, I guess I could stay here, if you really don't mind. But I'm getting a job, and I'm paying you rent." I stated.

He laughed, "You don't have to pay me rent. This house is completely paid for by my parents.All I do is pay the utility bill every month. And I make more than enough money to pay that."

"I'm atleast paying half the bill. That's not debateable. I just have to find a job." I told him.

He grinned at me.

"What?" I asked him curiously.

"Well..." he started, "You see, I kind of own this small company. Small as in local, but it does really well."

I stared at him in awe. How old is this guy?

"It's a computer management place. We fix computer, install programs, design new stuff. It's pretty successful," he continued.

"You own this?" I asked him.

"Yeah, my grandfather left it to me when he died."

That made more sense.

"Anyway, I need a new receptionist," he told me, "Someone who can answer the phone, set up meetings and appointments, keep track of everything. I can pay you well. It's a nice job."

"Umm..." I said, thinking it all through, "I don't even have a college degree."

"Well you don't really need one. I mean we usually do hire people who have a degree. But I can't find anyone, and I'm pretty sure you would do fine. We only usually hire people with degrees because they're more likely to work hard. But I think you could do it." He said.

"You'd really give me this job?" I asked him incredulously.

"Yep, you want it, it's yours."

"Okay, I'll take it!" I said happily.