Second Chance At Love: Chapter 31

Aren't I doing great?

I've been babysitting for some people the last couple days and I've literally done nothing besides make food, clean up, and write. It's been wonderful. And i'm getting paid, so it's like Im getting paid to write!

Anyways, I'll let you read the chapter.

Hope you like it!

Chapter 31:

"You're holding me up," I said into the phone.

"I'm sorry, I'm sorry!" Damon said. I could hear him frantically packing on the other line.

We're going to New York.

I had made the decision to stay in Arizona and drop out of NYU. Damon was coming with me to pack up my stuff and ship it back. We were going to have my car shipped back too.

"Alright meet me over here in 5 minutes," I said.

"Okay, Love. See you then," he said.

I hung up and dropped my phone in my bag.

I carried mine and Marina's large suitcase downstairs and set it by the door along with her car seat.

My dad was sitting on the living room couch holding Marina.

I sighed and walked over, taking her from him.

"Thanks, Dad," I said.

"For what?" he asked.

I put Marina in her car seat and buckled it.

"For being so accepting of Damon."

"Hon, we all know it wasn't his fault. Have fun and I'll see you in a week."

I kissed my dad's cheek and then headed out the door with Marina and the suitcase.

"Hey!" Damon said. He came running over and grabbed Marina from me, "You're supposed to let me get your stuff."

"Oh, I wasn't aware," I replied. He chuckled.

He sat Marina's seat in the car and then came back and grabbed my suitcase, tossing it in the trunk.

"Come on, Babe," he said, kissing me quickly on the lips. We climbed into the car and headed to the airport.

Time passed quickly and suddenly we were sitting in our seats, Damon was holding Marina while I stowed our luggage in the overhead compartment.

"She looks like you," he said as I sat down.

I looked over at Marina. Damon was holding her so she was sitting up.

"Yeah... kind of. She looks more like Carleigha."

Damon laughed, "You and Carleigha look alike."

"That's true."

I leaned over Damon and buckled Marina's car seat into her seat.

"Okay, we can hold her till take-off. Then she's going in her car seat. I'm not risking anything," I told Damon, leaning back in my seat.

"Of course not. I wouldn't either," Damon responded.

Damon was in love with Marina. There was no doubt about. He barely put that girl down. He held her everyday every chance he had; feeding her bottles, rocking her to sleep. He even wanted to bathe her and change her diaper. I had to be careful because if I let him have his way she wouldn't even know who I was.

"How's my sweet little Angel?" he cooed to her as she blew little spit bubbles, "Aww that's my baby. You know you're my girl!"

An older woman walked by and smiled as she heard him talking to Marina. She probably thought he was a doting father.