"Why is he here?"

"He's like Christen's best friend. You know that," He whispered. I stared dead ahead. You could've cut the tension with a knife.

"He tried to make Connor kill an android," I whispered back.

"Hey, Charlotte!" Christen said excitedly. She threw the food on the table. She jumped and gave me a hug.

"Sorry," She whispered in my ear. She backed up, still giving me a smile, clearly trying to bring back the mood.

She headed over to Connor. "It's so good to see you, boy wonder!" She yelled, giving Connor a tight hug. She yanked him by his collar down to her level. She whispered something in his ear, which took Connor aback clearly, but he looked much more settled down than he did before.

Christen gently rustled his hair.

"So uh...who's ready to cook!" Nick announced.

Everyone sort of mildly shrugged.

"Okay, so Connor and Gavin. Peel all of those potatoes. Make sure they're well peeled. You know what...Gavin, you peel, and Connor you fix all of the places Gavin misses," Nick nodded.

"Hey!" Gavin answered.

"Oh, c'mon sweetie. You know it too," Nick shook his head. "Elijah and Christen you two handle green beans. make sure they're well spiced and everything. Christen, you know the recipe. Elijah, you listen to her very carefully."

"She'll kill me if I don't," Elijah joked. Connor laughed far too hysterically, prompting everyone to stare at him.

"Anyway...Fiona, how about you make sure everything is preheated and get on hot chocolate and turkey duty," Nick nodded.

"Hot chocolate?" I asked turning to Nick.

"Gavin convinced me. Still not handing out mom's recipe though," Nick shrugged. I chuckled.

"Okay...go time, guys!" I clapped. Everyone went to their respective posts, even Connor begrudgingly.

"Okay, Charlotte...we're on cookie duty. This year, I had to double every recipe. We're talking 8 turkeys, almost a thousand cookies...like an absurd amount of potatoes," Nick explained.

"Oh god, why so many?" I asked concerned.

"I decided to do something a little stupid," Nick shook his head.

"Don't you always?" I answered thumping his head,

"We didn't have a ton of cops at the precinct this year. We lost cops in the revolution. They all moved away from Detroit. I would've had to cut my recipes in half-"

"And? Where's the complaint?" I asked.

"It just wouldn't have been the same. So I asked Markus if he wanted me to give some to the Jericho security forces. I told him just to have them sign up. I swear to you, the whole force signed up," Nick shook his head.

"Jesus, Nick. I love you, but you're so stupid," I sighed.

"I know," Nick shrugged. "Just wait till you find out how many people are coming to Christmas dinner. I couldn't even host it here."

"Wait...where are you hosting it?"

"We're doing it at Markus's place this year...but I'm still hosting it."

"Markus? You're doing it with Markus?"

"Christen asked if she could, and he was thrilled. I mean look around at everyone in this kitchen. We couldn't even fit at our dining room table if we tried. So it's everyone here. And Markus. And North-"