Chapter 109

24th September 2023

Shawns pov

I pulled up at the drive way and it felt crazy being here. I felt like I was at home which I couldn't tell anyone because I was the one who screwed up.

I knocked on the door and Hannah opened "hey." I opened my moth since I probably looked so stupid

She smiled before saying "Nathan and sky are finishing their food. Come in if you want." She opened the door more for me.

I went to the kitchen and saw skylar and Nate's eyes glued to the tv screen. "Hey guys!!!" I smiled instantly

"DADDDDYYY!!!!!" Nathan screamed and ran to me.

I kneeled down on one knee and hugged him tightly "hey buddy." I held the back of his head. I was really appreciating this moment because I missed the kids so much "how are you?"

"Good. Daddy back? Miss you. Wuv you." He said

"I've missed you too." I kissed his cheek before picking him up and walking to sky. "Hey mama." I squeezed her cheeks and kissed her lips. Hannah walked in and smiled. I sat on Nathan's chair with him on my lap as he continued to eat "what time do you want them back?" I asked her

"Whenever you need to or whenever they want to come home." She told me "there are two bags with everything you're going to need. If there's anything wrong call me."

"Can the kids stay with me tonight ?" I blurted out not thinking about what I was saying

"Call me in a few hours and give me an update on them. If they aren't too bad. You can keep them for the night."

"Who wants to stay with daddy tonight?" I asked the kids. Skylar giggled and Nathan stood up on my lap, wrapped his arms around my neck tightly and kissed my cheeks. "I'll take that as a yes." I said as I received 10000 kisses from nathan.

They had both finished their food and I was putting Nathan's shoes on and Hannah was putting sky's. "We are gonna go now." I told her

"Bye lo-" she stopped saying. I'm not crazy, she was going to say love you.

I bit down on my bottom lip trying to hold back tears "Bye." I needed to get out of the house before I got too comfortable.

I jogged out and buckled both of the kids in. "Who's ready to have funny with daddy?" I asked while looking at them in the mirror.

***

I put the kids down to sleep for the night. I looked at skylar who was a spitting image of Hannah it was crazy. Everything down to the crinkles by her eyes when she laughed. And Nathan looked like a copy of me.

I kissed the top of both of their heads before pulling the bed sheets over us.

Hannah's pov

I went into the basement where there was an unused studio that Shawn use to use before he started to go to the "studio" when he was really out partying.

My producers and I had come up with a whole song but I just needed to sing lyrics over the tunes. "Can we sing over it all now?" I needed to let out all these emotions that I had been building up all day.

"If you want to." He said before I went into the studio

I put my headphones and waited to be counted in to start singing.

I was singing a song that was one of the emotional for me.

The whole song was very personal was the bridge had a special place in my heart.

,, Break down the walls let heaven in, somewhere and forever we'll dance again,
We used to be inseparable, I used to think that I was irreplaceable
We lit the whole world up, before we blew it up,
I still don't know just how we screwed it up
Forever, forever, forever"

@shawnmendes Instagram

@shawnmendes: I'm so I love with her 🖤

@aaliyahmendes: why didn't you call me and say you saw the kids?!

@shawmendes: damn Hannah's the one. She's already let you see the kids?

Comments have been blocked for this post

@hannahsmith Instagram

@hannahsmith: "for you" out in a few weeks

@hannahsmith: "for you" out in a few weeks. im gonna get killed by my management for telling you guys but idc. 🖤

Comments are blocked for this post