Chapter 96

11th August 2023

"Brian? Can't you just drop him off for me?" I asked Brian down the phone. I was doing this every night.

"I'm so sorry Hannah. I can't."

Shawn had gotten drunk at a club and no one was able to take him home so I basically had no choice to get him myself. "I've got the kids as well," I muttered "stay with him, I'm on my way."

I went to skylar and Nathan's rooms to wake them up because I couldn't leave them in the house by themselves.

I held both of them in both arms and struggled to make my way out of the car and strap them both in. "Where we going mama?" Nathan asked me

"We are going to pick up daddy." I looked at him through my mirror "go back to sleep." I smiled

"We done that a lot." He yawned

"I know, just go back to sleep. We will be back home in half an hour."

***

I drove listening to the snores of the kids in the back seat.

I pulled up outside the club and Shawn came hobbling over with Brian "thanks for picking him up." Brian helped Shawn get into the car and strapped him in for me

"It's fine."

"Why do you always get her to pick me up?" Shawn said to Brian

"Because shes your girlfriend." He patted Shawns chest "well then, good luck. Good night." He said to me

"Night Brian." I smiled before driving off.

"I feel sick." I completely ignored Shawns comment not caring about him.

***

We got back to the house and Shawn ran to the bathroom.

I put the kids back in the room before going to shawn to help him out.

His body hunched over the toilet seat as he gagged letting everything out.

I sat besides him and rubbed his back as my head rested on the cabinet behind me. "Let it all out." I rubbed his back "why do you do it to yourself?" I asked him not expecting to get an answer "I'll meet you in the bedroom." I said before getting up and laying in the bed

I was laying in the bed for five minutes and shawn came out and he looked like he had sobered up. "I'm sorry." He laid down on top of me.

He rested his head on my chest and wrapped his arms around me. I kissed the top of his head and my arms were around his neck. "It's okay." I rubbed his head. This was the first time we were being like this since he had gotten back from tour.

I didn't want to live tomorrow because it felt like the old us for a second but I knew as soon as the sun came up it would go back to the toxic relationship. "Squeeze me until I can't breathe." He mumbled while lifting his head up and resting it on my chest.

He started to kiss my lips softly. His hands went around my body before he started to pull on my top to take it off.