Chapter 101

4th September 2023

It was 11:23 at night and I was sitting in the living room listening to the rain pour heavily while reading a book.

This was the first time I was completely left alone because sam and avia went back home because I asked them kindly too because I wanted to be by myself with the kids.

I went to quickly check up on the kids just to see if they were okay.

I had gone into skylars room and she was fast asleep. Nathan was also fast asleep and was snoring quietly. I left a little crack in both of their doors so I could hear them.

I walked down the stairs and there was a soft ring.

I went to open the door curious to who it was because everyone I knew was sleeping.

The front door creaked a little. The rain poured down making my eye sight go all funny. I looked at the silhouette and recognised it straight away "Shawn?" I asked He looked up and made direct eye contact. "Come in." I touched his arm and pulled him out of the rain.

The water on the ends of his hair fell down on to the floor. "What are you doing here?"

"I had to see you and the kids." He face was all red and blotchy

"How did you get here?" I asked him

"Walked." We stood in the hallway. He took a breath, about to say something else. It hurt me seeing him like this.

I pulled him into a hug and he cried in my arms. I hushed him as he cries started to get louder. I had my hands on the back of his head. "It's going to be okay." I tried to rock us side to side but he was too big. I kissed his neck as my eyes started to fill with tears "don't cry." My voice started to wobble "it's going to be okay."

We stood in the hallway in each other's arms. "Let's go to the living room." I rubbed his back as his breath hiccuped.

I quickly went to the bathroom to get him a towel for his hair so he didn't get sick.

He was sitting on the sofa up right. I handed him over the towel.

He started to dry his hair and got me wet a little because his curly hair went everywhere. I took back the towel once he was done and put it on the side of the sofa.

"It's freezing in here." He rubbed his hands together

"I know," I stood up and went to the pad in the house which controlled the house. I walked back in bit on my lip "the heatings down."

"Oh Okay," he nodded his head

"Do you want anything to drink? I was about to pour myself a glass of wine then you came." I laughed

"Yeah, please." He replied

"Red wine?" I asked and he nodded

"Alright then." I mumbled as I walked to the kitchen

I took out two glasses and listen to hum of shawn and the rain pouring. The put the wine in the cup and bought it over to shawn.

We both took a sip and held the glasses in our hands as we chatted away.

I went to stand up and Shawn followed. We went to the hallway and he put his hand on the front door "stay the night." I said "don't leave."

I locked my hands with Shawns. We went up to the bedrooms. He started to walk towards the guest bedroom "you can't go in there." I whispered

"Why's that?" He grinned

"dad and I started to re do the room and he left becuade he had to go do something for work so there's bits of screws and furniture everywhere." I explained