Chapter 44

18th March 2021

Shawn and I walked quietly into Nathan's room trying not to make any noise.

"Crrreeekk..." I looked back at Shawn and glared. I shushed him. He pecked my cheeks to try and make up for it. We opened Nathan's room door.

"Happy birthday too you, happy Birthday too you, happy birthday too naaathaaannn, happy Birthday too youuuuu..." we sang in sync.

Nathan sat up in his bed clapping his hands frantically with his mouth wide. Shawn picked him up from his cot. Nathan started to slap his chest out of excitement.

"Happy birthday baby boyyy!!" I said running my fingers through his hair. Shawn kissed his cheek.

I looked at Shawn. "Shawn, how have we been parents for a year?! How did we make a human and are now raising it??!"

"Well it starts off when a man and women-" Shawn said jokingly.

I playfully hit his arm and laughed. "not like that!!!" I laughed.

"What time is everyone coming?" Shawn asked

"12"

"It's now 10. We need to start getting everything ready."

***

We put Nathan in the bath. Shawn and I crouched over the bath. Shawn sat behind me. He moved so he was next to me. He got the shampoo and started to massage it into Nathan's head.

Nathan smacked the soapy water in the bath repeatedly leaving Shawn and I soaked. I took off my top so I was just in my bra.

I got the towel from the side and put it on my chest. "Okay Nathan. Bath time finished."

He opened his arms out for me to take him to pick him up. I groaned a little. I wrapped the towel around him and walked to our room. I placed him on our bed and unwrapped the towel.

I placed raspberries on him stomach making him laugh hysterically. Shawn came up and started to kiss his cheeks. I stopped. I moisturised his body and put on his outfit. Shawn and I got in the shower (not in the same time) and got dressed. We all ended up wearing blue denim tops with black bottoms. I wore black leggings and the denim top.

I walked downstairs and Shawn was putting the cake and stuff together. I had Nathan on my hip. I walked towards him and pecked his lips. I put Nathan on the sofa and made a pillow fort surrounding him.

"Oh my god!! Shawn!! This cake is amazing!! Where did you get it from?!" It was a Mickey Mouse themed party and Shawn got this three layered cake that was covered in, yellow, red and black frosting.

"Don't worry." He winked and pecked my lips. "Who even is coming? I don't know why we decided to do a party. Let's be honest, he's not going to remember a thing, he doesn't even have any friends!" Shawn chuckled.

"I know. But still. I've only invited our parents and siblings and our cousins."

"So you invited the whole of both of our families?" Shawn looked at me dead straight face with a bit of sass

"Don't get sassy with me!" I joked.

Shawn playfully rolled his eyes. He picked me up and wrapped my legs around his torso. I smacked his chest begging him to let me go.

"SHHHAAWWWNNNN. PLEAAASSSEEE. LET MMEEE GOOOO!!!" I laughed

He ran around the room and threw me on to the sofa on the other sofa that Nathan wasn't on. He hovered over me. I pulled him lightly by his shirt and pecked his lips repeatedly. I let go and wrapped arms around his neck. "I love you..." Shawn said after our heated make out session.