Chapter 43

12th March 2021

Fast forward...

Nathan update
- crawled
-taken his first steps - now fully walking.
-eating mushy food, almost solids
-talking

***

Shawn and hannah are still together. They've called off their wedding because it was too much commitment for both of them and they didn't feel like they didn't papers to confirm their love for each other

***

16th March 2018

I rolled over. It was my birthday!!! I didn't see Shawn next to me. I heard the door creek open. Nathan walked in with a sloppy hand with a bunch of roses in them.

"Happy birthday too you, happy birthday too you, happy birthday too mummmyyy, happy birthday too
Youuuu..." Shawn said crouching down helping Nathan walk. Nathan sorta just babbled over him, not making any sense.

He stood at the end of the bed. Shawn picked him up and placed him next to me. He handed me over the roses. I put them on the bedside table and kissed Nathan's cheeks.

"Thank you!" I said.

Shawn laid down next to me and put his head on my chest. "I love you. I said.."

"Wuv you mama." Nathan said. I kissed his cheeks repeatedly. He laid down next to me and tried to push Shawn off of me. "Dadaaa!!" He shouted at Shawn. Shawn stuck his tongue out at him. Nathan grabbed shawns curly locks and pulled it.

"Nathan stop." I said. Shawn stuck his tongue out and said ha, clearly trying to piss Nathan off. "Shawn! He's not even one yet! Stop!" I joked. Nathan removed his hands off shawns hair. He put his hands around my neck and kissed my cheeks. Shawn kissed my cheek.

"Fuck off." Nathan said.

"Nathan. Noooo! That's a bad word. Where did you learn that from?" I looked at Shawn who was red trying to stop laughing.

"Dadaaa."

"Yeah. I thought so. Shawn, you need to stop swearing in front of him."

"Come on, let's go down stairs!" Shawn said.

I picked Nathan up and walked down. Shawn smacked my ass. "Mendes!!" I hissed.

He kissed my neck. I opened the baby gate. The whole house was decorated. There were balloons and confetti. It was so pretty.

I went into the kitchen and there was a breakfast made for everyone. "Oh my god. You cutie!!"
I kissed shawns lips. We held the kiss. Shawn pushed away. "Some one clearly isn't fond of the PDA." Shawn joked. Nathan was kicking his chest. "Love you.."

***

Everyone was out our house. Josiah was taking pictures for everyone even though I said we would get another photographer, but he insisted.

"Can hannah sit on the table please?" I got on the table. It was super comfy chilled party. It was literally mine and Shawn family and a few friends. Shawn lit the candles. Everyone had their phones out and was recording me. They sang happy birthday.

I blew the candles out. I felt shawns hand sneak from behind me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and whispered in my ear "what did you wish for?"

"Won't come true if I told you.." I winked.

We cut the slices and handed them out. We got to the presents. Shawn got me this beautiful necklace.

@hannahsmith Instagram