Chapter 42

5th May 2020

(Engagement party- Shawn and Hannah)

Shawn and I were having our engagement party.. yes we got engaged months ago but that's when I was pregnant.

Karen and my mum kindly did everything for Shawn and I. It was beautiful, they had hung up lights, put tables and chairs out. Put these beautiful flower decorations out. It was everything we wanted. imagined.

"You'll be fine. Just try and be civil with her." My mother said taking about my aunt who was completely against me having Nathan and told me to abort him.

"I don't know why we even invited her. Sorry, but she wasn't the nicest when she found out I was pregnant with Nathan!" I rolled my eyes. I felt a pair of arms creep up behind me and wrap around me waist.

"We invited her because we want everyone to be happy when we get married." The pair of arms were familiar. They were shawns. He kissed my neck.

"But-." I was quickly cut off by Shawn who has spun me around so I was facing him.

"But, you're going to be nice to Her." He said as if I was going to finish my sentence off with that. I rolled my eyes and pecked his lips. "Love you." Shawn said pecking my lips again.

"Love you too. Where is my son??" I walked over and saw Nathan sitting on the bouncer. "We aren't going to let an evil witch ruin mine and daddy's day are we?" I said in a baby voice. Nathan started at me, blankly. Didn't show any emotion.

"Haannn..." Shawn said as if I was a teenager and he was my dad and I wasn't listening to him. I playfully rolled my eyes and walked over to Shawn, who was talking to my mum.

"My baby girl is all grown up." My mum pecked my cheek. "I love you.." she said. Her eyes were clearly tearing up.

"I love you too mama. Don't cry or you'll set me off!" I said in a jokey tone to hopefully try and make her chuckle.

The doorbell rang. Looks like someone is here already!" Karen walked to the door. "Welcome." Karen said.

"Who is it mum?!" Shawn shouted taking his gaze off of me and Nathan.

"Hannah's aunt!" Karen shouted. Of course she was the first person to show up. Shawn looked down at me
And gave me a look. It was a "be nice" look. I gave him a smile and said hi to her. It was awkward, not going to lie.

We gave each other really awkward hugs. Nathan started to stir with Shawn. I walked over and took his off of Shawn. "Good luck saying hi to even trying to speak to her hun." I whispered in shawns ear.

Shawn walked over. He wasn't that nervous. They said hi. There was still tension. Shawn walked back over to me and placed his hands on my hips. He pecked my lips multiple time. Our grins and smirks were slowly breaking our lips apart.

***

The place was fill. Everyone was mingling and talking. Olivia and Aaliyah has Nathan so Shawn and I could actually go around and speak to people. Our closest friends were there, camila, Avia, sam, everyone.

***
Shawn and I sat at the table. He was next to me and he had his hand on my lap. We had the music playing lightly in the background. Karen stood up from her chair and walked over to Shawn and I. She whispered
In both of our ears and asked if we were going to do a little thank you.

Shawn and I both stood up. He lightly tapped the side of his glass with a spoon to get everyone's attention.

"Hey so, we just wanted to say thank you to everyone who came. It really means the world to us and I wanted to say I love you guys all very much and can't wait to make this beautiful girl, mrs mendes!!" Shawn said.