"Partner..." He whispers. My eyes widen at his prediction. How can he tell that it's me? I didn't utter a word and make any kind of noise, then how? His hand tightens around my waist and a loud sigh left my mouth.

"It's you." He smirks confirming that it's me. I am not in the state to speak anything as I am just astounded watching his every move. He tries to unfold the band with his free hand keeping me in place with another. Freeing his eyes, he looks at me placing his free hand on my waist. I instantly look down and again to him completely perplexed with what he is doing. Our eyes meet and I find myself lost in his caramel eyes which are doing the same with me. I guess? I don't know what to do, where to go and how to react. My head has stopped working and I'm shamelessly staring into his eyes.

"Were you checking up on me Partner?" He whisper asked.

"Huh? No! N-No! Why would I do that?" I try to reason with him as I move my gaze to look somewhere else but his eyes. Oh! Please Zayn. Leave me. It's becoming hard to be in place as he is completely plastered to me and my emotions are on the verge to be spilled out. This! Standing glued to each other in a big dark empty room! What is it? What does it even mean for God's sake?

"Then what are you doing here?" He asks squeezing my waist in his hands.

"I—"

"You." He cuts me.

"You--"

"Me." He again cuts me making me go nuts.

"Uh! Gym--"

"You, me and gym. I can see that partner." He looks intensely at me cutting me yet again and causing me squirm and burn.

"I..I was..uh going to library when ---" I struggle with my words as my eyes fall on his lips and the world stops. His slightly plumped pink lips which were on my cheek yesterday. What would it be like to feel them on my own lips? They are inducing me to bite them!

No! This is wrong Alicia! It is wrong to think like this! I abruptly pull out of his grip. I notice him raking his hand through his hair as if he just came out of the wooziness. He is looking here and there but me and the same is with me.

"Good Morn--" "Good Morn--"

We both speak at the same time.

"Sorry--" "Sorry--"

We again speak in unison. We both smile awkwardly at the strange coincident.

"Uh! Library." I quickly point outside with my fingers.

"Yeah." He smiles and I turn to walk outside. God! I can never act normal around this boy. I enter in library and search for the book. I make myself sit at the corner table and start reading taking my mind off of the strange feelings. I was so into reading that I didn't realize the noise of chit-chatting coming in from outside. I look at the wall clock in the library and it's showing sharp 9:00am, the college timings.

"Good morning everyone. Attention please." I hear a voice in the speaker. It's Zayn's. The CR.

"I want every student to reach the main hall in ten minutes as I have to make an important announcement regarding some events." His voice echoes in the whole college through speakers. I stand up and make my way to the hall. All students have already reached and are whispering to each other. I see Kim, Harry, Lauran and others standing in front so I walk towards them.

"What's it going to be about?" I ask them.

"We are also here only to know that Alicia." Niall laughs loudly and I slap myself mentally for asking a silly question.

"So everyone is here I guess!" Zayn speaks through the mike.

"Okay Guys! As we already know that Executive Directors visited our college last Tuesday for the development process, so they decided to promote our college on the international level. They want us to participate in the upcoming international level events like singing, dancing, drama-acts, football tournament, quizzes and many more which are being held in our university itself. So whosoever is interested in the participation is supposed to register his/her name to me before evening. My email ID is on the notice board and you are required to fill the form which you will get on the college website." He explains in full CR tone.

"And one more thing! You have to register in pairs or groups as the solos aren't allowed this time. They want a team work." He tells being a little annoyed.

"Am I clear? And if you still have any query then you can bombard me with emails." He ended up with a smile and the crowd dispersed. Zayn comes down the stage towards us. He looks bothered. Why?

"Hello Zaynie! Why are you burning dude?" Kim asks him patting on his shoulder.

"This! The pair or group thing. I can't pair up with any random student. I have performed solos and only solos. How can they put this ridiculous restriction on the participation? Fucked up people!" He blurts out exasperatingly running his hand through his hair.

"Calm down Zayn. You don't need to pick up any random student as we already have a best singer for you in our group." Kim states proudly making me a bit confused. Who else is the singer in our group? Kim never told me. I frowned.

"We what? Who?" Zayn asks confused.

"Alicia Redwood." Kim pulls me by my arm such that now I'm standing between the two facing Zayn. My eyes widen as I wasn't expecting that this is coming.

"What? No Kim. I'm not a singer. I just love singing and that's it." I try to reason with her looking back. I turn my face to Zayn and see him visibly relax.

"Shut up Alicia! I've heard you singing and you are amazing. So it's decided. You and Zayn are going to pair up." She smiles wide keeping her hands on her hips.

"But--"

"Guys!" Kim draws everyone's attention in the group and make me to stand next to Zayn.

"Meet our singing superstars Zayn and Alicia. And I'm sure one trophy is confirmed for our college." Kim declares smiling wide. I look at Zayn only to find him looking at me.

"I would love to share my trophy with you Partner." Zayn whispers in my ear and I blush scarlet.

-------------------------------

Please vote and comment.

Do share the book.

Navi 🖤