The Farewell

138

~Athena~

"This is the beginning," the voice spoke hoarsely. There was no doubt that it was the witch herself, Honerva. Voltron turns around to see her Robeast heading straight for us. Without any time to react, Honerva crashes into us and pushes Voltron out of the way. "And the end!"

Voltron spun a couple of times before we tried restabilizing ourselves to face Honerva. But before we could even do that, a massive wave whipped throughout the sector, inflicting visions in my head.

There were creatures from all different walks of life, living and breathing in the realities that they lived in. Each second was a new face, a new scene where I saw these lives vanish into thin air. Along with that, it was like that wave put pressure throughout my body as if I had to carry that pain unexpectedly.

As soon as the weight died down, I opened my eyes and saw that I was still in one piece. "Can... can you all feel that?" Allura asks. "These strands... they' re---"

"... The remaining realities left in existence." The words just slipped out of my mouth as I looked at the scene in front of me. There were so many of these strands extending out from the core, and those visions that I saw were the cause of one strand being destroyed.

"This place..." Pidge spoke up. "Is the source of time, of space, of---"

"Everything," Hunk concluded as I looked up to see Honerva standing before the core of all realities. I could only fear for the worst that was yet to come.

All of a sudden, Honerva started attacking, not at us but at the strands. "She's attacking the realities!" Allura cried out. Without hesitation, I pushed my levers forward in hopes to get to Honerva and stop her from destroying these realities.

Honerva had gone haywire, swinging her Robeast's arms around, aiming at all different angles. Her beams would cut off the strands, breaking them apart before causing the core to explode and release a powerful wave of visions.

It was challenging to get to Honerva as she continued to be ruthless. One by one, Honerva had destroyed a reality. With each one that she demolished the core reacted and pushed us away with a mighty wave of these visions. The faster Honerva destroyed these realities, the harder it was for Voltron to even move forward.

I didn't know when or how this was going to end. Honerva was mercilessly attacking all of these realities that deserved to live innocently, yet she destroyed them all.

The next thing I knew, Voltron was floating in darkness. Small specs of light radiated from the core after Honerva had blasted every single reality into nothingness - all except one.

"She has destroyed everything," Keith stutters. "There's only one reality left."

That was when Honerva took one last look at the defeated Voltron, turning her head to the last strand. If she destroys it, that could mean that all of life that ever existed will be gone forever. Honerva headed towards the final strand, activating her thrusters and her sword.

"No... please!" I mutter as we watched helplessly.

"Allura, Hunk!" Keith called out.

"Copy that," both the Blue and Yellow Lion responded, activating Voltron's thrusters so we could stop Honerva. In a matter of seconds, Voltron rams into Honerva's Robeast, pushing her away from the strand that she was about to put an end to.

Honerva falls but manages to stabilize and move away while Voltron chased her around quickly. As soon as we got close, we engaged in another sword fight. The swords would clash against each other, pushing their owners far from each other.