The Hidden Headquarters

42

~ Athena ~

I explained everything to the team about what happened behind the curtain and why it took too long for me to return. And as expected, I got strange looks from the team when I mentioned my mother's spirit possessing the White Lion. It even creeped Hunk out.

"So what you're saying is, your mom's spirit was put into the White Lion before it was sent away by King Alfor?" Lance asked, again.

I nodded my head, "For the hundredth time, Lance, yes." I don't blame him for asking. It was a strange phenomenon, no doubt, but it wasn't necessary for me to repeat myself over and over so the message would get through.

"Anyway," Shiro spoke up. "We now know that the White Lion can help us during our fight with Zarkon. That's all that really matters right now." Everyone nodded in agreement with the Black Paladin's remark. 

Shiro then turns to Queen Uriela, "Now that Athena has taken back the White Lion, we will get going."

Then, I remembered one thing that my mother had told me before I flew the White Lion, "You must remember to perform a ritual before leaving the planet." I was confused at first, unsure about the ritual and what it entailed.

"What do you mean? What ritual?" I asked.

"It's the ritual to restore the needs of the Luxians. You will be blessing the harvest of the Luxians. It is a 'thank you' gift to them for protecting the White Lion for all these decaphobes."

"So, this ritual, how do I do it?"

A light chuckle echoed throughout the White Lion as I sat in the chair having this conversation, "You'll know how. All you need to do is trust in yourself, the lion, and the power that resides in you."

As soon as Shiro said his farewell, the others did too. "Wait," I called out as I looked at Uriela. "There is something that I have to do before I leave, and I'm sure you know exactly what it is, Uriela."

The Queen looked at me with a curious look on her face which quickly dissipated, turning into an expression of relief. "I had almost forgotten," She replied with a small smile on her face, bowing her head in front of me. "Please, do what you need to do, Lion Goddess."

"What is she talking about?" Hunk asks as he looked at the rest of the group.

"It's part of the prophecy," Allura replies. "The Lion Goddess will replenish the crops and heal the lands, blessing the Luxians for many more decaphobes to come."

"Oh right," Hunk reaches behind his head, rubbing it as he awkwardly smiles. I assume that Uriela and Elior have told the Paladins the folklore about the Lion Goddess.

With no time to waste, I walked over to my lion and extended my hand, placing it on the paw. I closed my eyes and focused, just as my mother had told me. She didn't tell me how I was supposed to perform the ritual, only telling me to believe in myself and the lion.

All of a sudden, a surge of power ran through me. It wasn't painful, but it definitely felt strange. It was like doing the rejuvenation ritual back at the Balmera. Once the power subsided, I opened my eyes to look back at the others.

My jaw drops at sight, seeing how the planet of Lucis was brighter than it was before. Plantation multiplied, bringing more harvest to the people of Lucis. The only question that came to mind was, did I really do all of this?

"You did it," Queen Uriela said. "You've fulfilled the prophecy of the Lion Goddess. Thank you."

I smiled, relieved that everything worked out, "My pleasure. I should be thanking you for taking care of the White Lion."