The Jealous One

17

Once the particle barrier was down thanks to the space mice, Keith, Allura and I made a run for it inside the castle, fighting off the Sentries that guarded the area. While Keith was taking down the ones that were in front, I stayed with the princess as a defense, rarely using the arrows. Instead, I used the ends of the bow as spears that I could jab the robots with.

We made our way up to the bridge deck, where a purple light shone from the crystal and saw Pidge trapped in Sendak's grip. Quickly, I activated my bow and aimed at the back of Sendak's hand. "Drop the paladin," I called out as I drew back my arm to form the arrow.

The purple alien turned around with his robotic arm extended towards us with Pidge in his grip, "Stand back, or your friend gets ---" A sudden explosion hit Sendak from behind, causing him to drop Pidge.

I looked past, seeing that the blast came from Lance. Lance managed to shoot with his Bayard despite feeling weak and passing out once more. Then, Shiro moved forward as he tried to attack Sendak with his handcuffs from behind, only to be punched to the other side of the room. Keith swung his sword at Sendak, missing the purple alien by an inch.

While those two were in the heat of battle, I aimed for Sendak's arm and waited for the perfect time to release the arrow. The two continued to brawl before Sendak got the upper hand and knocked Keith out. Keith, however, was able to hold onto Sendak's arm before being thrown away. That was where I saw my chance, immediately releasing the arrow aimed at the arm.

As soon as it hit the alien's arm, an explosion occurred, causing Sendak to howl as his robotic arm was no longer attached to him.

Allura ran towards the engine control panel amidst everyone fighting against Sendak. Pidge jumped into the battle, trying to take Sendak out with her Bayard. Her bayard wrapped around the purple alien's ankle, electrocuting him in the process while Keith swung his sword at Sendak. Sendak blocks it with his only hand against the blade.

"Keith, now!" Allura cried out. A blue circle appeared around the crystal right as Keith kicked Sendak backward, leaving the alien stuck inside the barrier. Sendak quickly bounced back on his feet and attempted punching his way out with no avail.

"We did it," Pidge chimed.

"Yeah, we did," Keith let out a chuckle under his breath.

"You will never get away with this! The Galra Empire will rise and take Voltron," Sendak growled as he glared at all of us through the barrier.

"Not on our watch," Pidge added.

I ran over to Lance, seeing that he was trying to get back up, "Lance, are you alright?"I asked.

The Blue Paladin nodded with a small smirk on his face, "Yeah, I'm fine." I reached out for Lance's hand to help support him as he was trying to get back up on his feet. "We'd make a good team," He chuckles as he squeezes my hand tightly.

I wanted to roll my eyes, knowing that was one of his pick up lines, but I couldn't help but feel grateful that he was okay. I was actually glad that he was okay. He made a lot of us worry when we found him unconscious. "You should be thanking your team," I said as I helped Lance up.

Keith walked over to us and placed a hand on the Blue Paladin's shoulder with a smile on his face, "Glad to see that you're alright." His eyes lowered and took notice of something. Keith's expression slowly changed as he stared at Lance and me.

"Thanks, man," Lance smiled weakly.

"How long are you going to hold onto Athena's hand?" Keith suddenly spoke up as he kept his eyes on our hands. I looked down seeing that I was still holding onto Lance.