The Final Fight

52

"It's the only way," Allura commanded with a stern look on her face. She turns her head towards me with determination in her eyes that we had to do what she had asked. "Athalia, get ready."

It was as if she didn't need to say more. I immediately diverted all of the castle's power to our weapons system, ready for an attack to protect Voltron,. "Listen to me. You are true Paladins now. Connect with your lions, reach out to each other. Fight! This cannot end now!" Allura says as she flew the castle towards Zarkon, "Fire!"

On her command, I fired all the power that we've got towards Zarkon. A powerful large beam of light formed from the bow heading towards the enemy. Zarkon was quick to defend himself, shielding from our attack. The beam was pushing him back against his ship as we made our push.

The more we were pushing against the ship forward, the more power that was pressing into Zarkon. Little did we know that he was going to reflect it back to us, hitting the castle entirely with our own strength.

As soon as the beam hit us, I screamed as I felt the power rattle the castle. I closed my eyes as I held on for dear life to my post. My body soon felt limp. I couldn't do anything else except feeling my body floating in space.

I opened my eyes to see the room in almost complete darkness and that everyone inside of the room was also floating in the air. Allura was floating in the middle, passed out after the attack, "Princess!" I hear Coran's voice call from one side. A figure pushed itself towards Allura's direction, realizing it was Coran after a few seconds, "Are you alright?"

"I'm fine," Allura sighs as she opens her eyes. "What about Atha?"

"I'm okay too," I replied as I tried to maneuver myself over to Coran's station, seeing his screen flash in red. "It looks like our power levels have been decimated." My eyes shifted to another corner of the screen, "Our communications aren't working either. We can't reach the Paladins."

"At this point, we're out of this fight," Coran added.

"No, we cannot give up," Allura retorted as she reached out for her post.

"Did we win yet?" A small voice was heard from the back of the room. I turned over to see Slav trying to get in between the doors and into the room.

Allura turns to Coran, "Coran, you and Slav do what you can to get the castle functioning again. Kolivan." She turns to the Galran, "And Kolivan, can you get me to the komar?"

"It will be dangerous, but I know a way," Kolivan replies.

"You, Antok, and Athalia come with me," Allura said as she pushed her way towards the doors. I followed my sister's command, pushing myself in the same direction, "We're going to have to attack the witch directly if we hope to stop that thing. Coran, the bridge is yours."

"No! You've been weakened by operating the teludav and Athalia is still recovering. You two can't face Haggar directly," Coran exclaimed with an anxious look in his eyes.

"I'm doing better now," I replied. "We need everyone to do everything they can right now. This is also our fight."

"I agree. We don't have a choice," Allura added. Coran remained silent as Slav started on reprogramming the castle.

Coran let out a deep sigh in defeat, "Be safe, you two." He quickly turns around to help Slav. Allura and I exchanged glances before following the Blades out the bridge.

"Atha," Allura called out to me. "I've asked Pidge to install a cloaking device on your lion before Keith left for Zarkon's ship. I had a feeling that we might need to do some infiltration ourselves just in case."