The Blitz Pt.3

75

~Keith~

After losing power on Senfama, the Blade of Mamora had nothing else to do except wait for the next command. If anything, some of us should be going out there to assist with the fight. "Coran, are there any targets that need support?" I asked.

"I haven't heard of anyone needing help," Coran replied. "And that Galra fleet heading towards Naxzela still hasn't moved from its position. It's quite a distance away, too. Perhaps the Galra decided it's too well-fortified to attack." Athena said the same thing when she went over to Naxzela. Not once did I hear from her after she mentioned that.

Something suddenly popped into my mind as I was trying to think of why the Galra battlecruiser stopped where it did. "'Victory or death,' is the Galra way. They never stop attacking," I spoke out loud, trying to wrap my head around the statement. It suddenly occurred to me that this was all part of the plan. They were up to something, and Voltron was in danger. Athena was in danger.

"Athalia, can you hear me? Shiro?" There was no answer from either of them, causing this feeling on anxiety to creep on me. "Something's wrong."

"Paladins? Allura? What's happened?" Coran pitched in trying to reach out to them as well, "It must be the magnetic distortion from Naxzela." He added on.

I clenched my fists, knowing that I couldn't stand here waiting for something to happen. "I'm going to check it out. I will need a ship." My eyes scanned the area, looking for a pod that I could use to fly over to the same area where the Galra battlecruiser was. In a matter of seconds, my eyes came across a small Galra flighter ship ready to go. "That will do."

I rushed down the stairs, heading right for the fighter ship. "Keith, will you be alright on your own? The Blades stay here to keep an eye out for more Galra coming for the Zaiforge cannon."

"I'll be fine," I replied as I jumped into the seat, starting up the engine. Immediately, I flew the Galra ship out of Senfama, locking my coordinates where the battlecruiser stopped. Because the destination was a far distance away, I had no choice put to charge forward as fast as I could.

All I could think about was Voltron on Naxzela and Athena being in the area. Something might have happened to her while she was hanging around just above the planet's atmosphere and that made my stomach feel uneasy. I closed my eyes for a moment, hoping that Athena and the rest of the Paladins were alright. The last thing I wanted to happen was losing the people I cared for, especially Athena. There was no way I was going to lose her again.

"Matt, something's wrong. I can't reach Voltron," I spoke into my communicator as I opened my eyes and continued to fly at high speeds to my destination.

"We can fly to Naxzela to check on 'em," Matt replied.

"No, I need your help. I can't explain why, but I know we need to attack the fleet first," I said. There had to be something that the Galra were planning to do. There was a reason why they stopped in that particular spot, far from Naxzeka, and I was sure that they might be after Voltron.

"I thought the fleet had stopped?" Matt asked.

"It was, but I'm afraid it has something to do with Voltron."

"We're with you."

Relieved, I let out a sigh, "Copy that. Good to have you along, Matt."

✵✵✵✵✵

It was another five minutes or so before I met up with the rest of the Rebels heading towards Naxzela. As time was passing, the more anxious I got not being able to hear from Athena, Shiro or any of the other Paladins. Just as I was thinking of them, a screen popped up in front of me, receiving a transmission.