The Blue Lion

4

"Why didn't you tell me you were going on some secret mission?" Pidge pursed her lips as she brows were nearly close knitted. She was still pissed that I didn't inform her, but what choice did I have? I didn't have any way of communicating to her, let alone the fact that it dropped on me that "Voltron" was going to show up only hours away.

"I'm not going to make any excuses to why, but please understand that this was something I had to keep to myself until we confirmed your findings and Keith's," I replied as we all sat in the common area. Keith went outside to talk to Shiro, who had woken up several minutes ago and needed to take a breather.

"And out of all the people you decided to hang out with, it was Keith? What's so good about him anyway?" Lance exclaimed as he wore a silly expression on his face. Then he went off rambling why I should choose him over Keith, making me roll my eyes and ignore him.

I turn over to Pidge who was still pouting at me. "I know you retained more info about Voltron," I asked.

Pidge lets out a sigh as she leaned back on the couch. I could tell she couldn't stay mad at me forever, especially when she had exciting news to tell me. 

"Well, I was able to gain access to one of the cameras that was inside the lab when they had Shiro captive. He said something about 'they,' which I assume the aliens, are coming to destroy the earth and that we didn't have time spare. It was after that when he said that we had to find Voltron to stop them."

If our world was in danger, finding Voltron was a must, but how? We don't know what it looks like except for the doodle that Pidge made. It was an inaccurate visual. I'm sure that the government won't believe anything that we say because 'aliens don't exist' and that we're kids, so asking help from them was useless.

Just as I was thinking to myself, the door opened with Keith and Shiro at the door. The rest of us stood up from their seats as Keith walked towards the giant board covered with a white tablecloth. He takes it off, revealing all the evidence that he had shown me the night before.

"What have you been working on?" Shiro gasped in awe as his eyes stared at the board, examining everything that Keith had put together.

✵✵✵✵✵

"I'm getting a reading." Hunk spoke as he held the device, keeping his eyes on it as he moved it towards the chasm. Pidge followed him as she carried the little radar attached that would sense the energy nearby. The two started getting farther from the rest of us as they continued to look for the energy's location.

Back at the shack, Hunk made an interesting point which ended up being another clue that matched up with Keith's findings. We traveled by foot to the canyon pictured on the wall where it's ridges matched the wavelength graph that Hunk put together based on Pidge's readings. It sent me goosebumps seeing that the clues were starting to line up and that we were one step closer to find this blue lion.

"I don't know why, but I'm getting a bad feeling about this. Like, it's giving off a creepy vibe," Lance spoke up as we watched the two disappear from our sight.

"It's either that, or you're scared," Keith taunted. "You can go back to the garrison if you're afraid of what comes next."

"Hey! I am not scared," Lance was ready to launch himself at Keith, but I stepped in his way.

"We shouldn't lose sight of them," I butted in, focusing on the matter at hand. "They might be onto something, and we need to catch up." I walked past Lance as I followed Pidge and Hunk's path going down the steep hill.