The Truth of the Past

24

Four young Altean children ran through the field of juniberries that resided on the outskirts of the city; two boys and two girls.

One of the young Alteans was Prince Alfor, heir to the throne after his father. The other three were Zeus, Honerva, and Talia, whom their fathers worked for the King. The three men would often gather while they let their children play, thus creating the friendship between them.

The four grew up and went through everything together. Even when Alfor became King of Altea, Zeus, Honerva, and Talia were appointed to be his aides. Zeus took up the role that his father had before he passed which was to be the King's Infantry Commander, Honerva became one of the top scientists and alchemists of all of Altea, while Talia took a slightly different route than her father's and became a High Priestess.

A romance blossomed between Zeus and Talia when they were teens and eventually, they got married at a young age. Nevertheless, they continued to work alongside Alfor, and remained loyal, serving him as the years passed. Honerva continued to pursue her intellect, becoming one of Alfor's most trusted scientists.

A couple years later, Alfor found the love of his life, Melanor, and married her as soon as he could so she could be his Queen. When Alfor and his wife announced they were carrying their first child, Zeus and Talia wanted to do the same in hopes that their child would be friends with Alfor's. It was like continuing the friendship that they've had all these years.

But it tragedy struck when Talia realized she couldn't properly conceive a child of her own. Even if she did, it would end up in miscarriage. Zeus and Talia had dreamed of having a child, but no matter how hard they tried, it was never a success.

Then, Princess Allura came into the world, bringing joy to her parents and her godparents. As godparents, Zeus and Talia would look after the princess and treated her as if she was their own child. They watched Allura grow into a magnificent young lady, seeing how much she looked like her mother.

Honerva, on the other hand, went to the planet Daibazaal, home of the Galra. She was assigned by King Alfor to assist in the research of the meteor that struck the planet's surface alongside the leader of the Galra, Zarkon. 

Zeus and Talia decided to try one more time to conceive a child, believing there was a chance for them. To their surprise, they were able to conceive; it was their miracle baby. Their only dilemma is having to get through the third trimester to deliver a healthy baby.

That was when Athalia was born.

But giving birth to Athalia had a price. Talia passed away hours after she had given birth, leaving her husband, Zeus, all alone to care for Athalia. Zeus was heartbroken, not knowing what to do after the passing of his beloved wife. That was when he decided to do whatever it took to raise Athalia, the child that her mother wanted her to be.

After a few months, Zeus had handed over Athalia to Allura before he went back to his army to train them for the unforseen war against the Galra. The princess looked after the little Altean, calling Athalia her younger sister. Allura cared for the baby just as much. Even King Alfor took Athalia in and claimed her to be his second daughter.

When war rampaged throughout the solar system, their enemy, Zarkon, was after the Lions. King Alfor had to decide on a plan to keep Voltron out of Zarkon's hands. Princess Allura tried everything to convince her father to fight straight on, but her father had made up his mind.

King Alfor casted a spell on Allura, making her fall into a deep sleep before he took Athalia to cast a spell on her as well. He placed the young child into a pod and set it's coordinates to somewhere far from Altea, knowing that life will cease to exist.