The Second Round Pt. 2

49

While we were flying towards the Castle of Lions with our jetpacks, the robeast fired it's laser in our general direction, caught us off guard and sent us in different directions. Keith let out a yell as we were separated from each other, "Keith!"

Just as I was about to go for him, a voice popped in my head, "Athalia, wait for me." I realize it was my mother, "I'll come to get you." I looked at the direction of the castle and then looked back at Keith, who was flying farther away from me as he spun out of control.

All of a sudden, a lion's roar came out of nowhere. I looked in the direction of the sound, seeing that it was Red that came out of the castle first. Then it was the White Lion who followed seconds later.

Red went after Keith, opening his mouth to take his Paladin. As for the White Lion, it flew towards me. I flew to the top of its head, opening up the door that led straight down to the cockpit. "Mom, what do we do?" I asked as I rushed to my seat.

"This is a beast that I've never seen before," She replies. "Perhaps we should help stall for time so your friends can form Voltron." I couldn't think of anything else at the moment as all these thoughts came to mind.

"Let's do it," I pressed one of the buttons on my dashboard to contact Keith. "Keith, are you alright?" There was no reply, "Keith? Do you copy?"

"Yeah," Keith panted. "I'm here."

I let out a sigh of relief, "Good. We need to go help the others. I'll stall for time while the rest of you form Voltron."

"Are you sure?" Keith asked. I could tell in his voice that he was worried about leaving me alone to face the robeast.

"I'll be fine," I assured. "At least it will give you guys enough time." I pushed my levers forward as I flew the While Lion to where the rest of the team was.

"Hey, I will stall for time while the rest of you form Voltron."

"What about you? It might be too dangerous for you to do it alone," Shiro said through the comms.

"If Hunk was able to distract it for a short while, I can too," I said as I started to open fire with my lion. "Go!"

Silence lingered on the end of the communicator, indicating that they had already decided. At least, that was what I thought.

A beam of light passed me from behind, making the robeast shield itself with the crystals. I turn to see it was Keith's lion that had opened fire. "We're not going anywhere until we find a solution to hold it off without leaving you alone," Keith replied.

There was no time to argue with him, knowing that he was only looking after me, "I agree with Keith," Shiro interjected. "We need to find a way together."

"Hey, at least we outnumber these crystal shields," Hunk brought up. I stared at the robeast, thinking how we could temporarily keep it distracted.

That was when it hit me.

"Pidge! I'm going to need you to do something."

"What is it?"

"You need to use your vine blaster and aim for its chest. The rest of us will make an opening for you," I replied as I got ready to fire at the robeast. "Everyone, aim for the crystals."

"Got it!" Lance exclaims, being the first to shoot at one of the crystal shields. The rest of us followed, keeping the robeast occupied while Pidge looks for a good opening. The Lions split up, aiming for the shields to separate from each other while Pidge took a hit at the beast's chest.