Fortune

9:22- June 29, 2012, Norfolk, Virginia

~

I rattled the invitation in my hand, blowing out air. Here we go again. Here I am almost twenty-three, and I haven't seen, spoke, or looked at Christopher in five years. But he's sure everywhere in the tabloids. Now I'm in the apartment that I share with my sister for the second week. I just graduated from Julliard, top of my class.

"Elouise Covington, we formally invite you to Chris Brown's album release party tonight in New York City! We hope to see you there, RSVP with us before you arrive. Bring your invitation with you. With love, CBE."

This is the third album release party I've been invited to of Christopher's. I never attend I always give the invitation to someone else, but something tells me I need to go this time. Meanwhile, Sabrina is probably at some dude's house having sex. Ever since her and Josh broke up seven months ago, she's become so promiscuous. If I was going to this party, I better get ready and leave now. even if it's nine something in the morning, I gotta drive. Just as I was about to hop in the shower, my iPhone ringer went off notifying me Someone was calling. On the screen, the caller ID read "Do NOT Answer" I knew it was none other than Christopher. He's been calling, and texting me like crazy for years now. I'd appreciate it if he stopped it. I want nothing to do with a manipulator. My voice-mail was full of his messages, and I refused to listen to them. Yeah, I miss Christopher like crazy, I miss his smile, and laugh. I miss his touch..god his touch..when he touches me, especially down low. My thoughts go crazy about him. He frustrates me, sexually, and mentally. I'm so sprung off him he was my first and last boyfriend, and my last time. Five years, no relationships, no sex.

"Go, Elouise..Go." Joann smiled at me, I forgot she spent the night here after we went to get a few drinks. She rolled over and playfully hit me.

"Why? Why give him the satisfaction?" I huffed laying my head in her lap.

"Give yourself a break! You know you want to see him! Who knows, you might even hook up.." She smirked at me.

"NO! I AM NOT having sex with that thing! What the fuck Joann!" I hit her with my pillow and she giggled.

"It wasn't 'that thing' when you slept with him was he?" She smirked at me, pushing me off her lap. I followed her into my kitchen watching her grab a banana.

"I mean, no. He wasn't a thing, he was a sex god." I said covering my mouth blushing. I can't believe I just said that.

"Well I think you should go, show 'em what he's missing out on." Barely understood her because her mouth was filled with a banana already. Maybe I should go.

"Your phone is ringing again!" I jetted into the room and answered it without looking at the caller ID.

"Hello?"

"Lou Lou!" Christopher said a bit too cheerful for my liking. This is the first time ice directly heard his voice in years, and boy does it still have it's effects on me.

"Christopher...what is it?" I said nonchalant, what I need to do is get in the shower and stop lolly-gagging.

"Uh,um, well you see uh-"

"Goodbye Christopher, I don't have time I'm busy." Then I hung up putting my iPhone back on the dock.

"I'm going, but I'm going to die my hair first. I don't want him to recognize me." I smirked at her she clapped her hands together.

"Goodie! What color are you going?!"

"Uh, I don't know!" I said like a blonde.

"BLONDE?! YES LOUIE YOU'RE GOING TO LOOK GOOD!!!"