Auditions

12:00- March 11th, 2004 Tappahannok, Virginia

»

Ugh, I don't wanna be here with Elouise but I promised I'd come along with her & the girls for her audition. Her audition isn't for another hour so we're basically on the road about to go to our favorite park to kill time.

"I'm so nervous guys I mean what if my voice cracks?! Or what if I trip over my shoe laces while doing a dance move?!" Elouise complained in a whining voice as we pulled into the parking lot of the park.

"Oh please you'll be fine!" Ashley, Sabrina & Elouise's mom said rubbing her back.

I do not wanna be here. I mean don't get me wrong I love my best friend and I love Elouise but she took Christopher from me!

"Yeah, you've been practicing for weeks non stop! You've got this girl!" Stasha cheered her on as we all sat on the swings.

"Elouise you'll do fine." I added on.

"Joann, you think so?" She replied to me.

"Yeah now cheer up!" I smiled at her pushing her on the swings.

We spent a good thirty minutes at the park until I got a page.

From: Trent

Chris is done with his audition, and just like we thought! He got the deal :D

I smiled to myself on how my plan actually our plan worked and called Sabrina to come look.

"Looks like she won't even get a chance to audition.."Sabrina whispered to me deviously.

"Exactly.."

Then I replied

Aww poor Louise! Now she won't be able to get her time to shine >:) . Nice work Trent.

I put my my sidekick back into my pocket and acted like nothing happened.

"Girls are you ready to start heading to the auditions?" Ashley asked us looking down at her watch noticing we only had a good thirty minutes to get there.

"Yeah mom let's go!"

We all took off running to the car, piling in like a pack of ants on a crumb that fell on the ground. And we were on our way..

~

"What are you talking about?! My audition is now! What do you mean they found who they were looking for?!"

"Sorry Ms.Covington but there were three auditions prior to yours and the audition right before yours nailed the job. Sorry for the inconvenience.." The deal receptionist said as all five of us listened a little pissed off.

"You're joking right? They haven't even seen my daughter's talent..that's absurd and completely unfair, but sorry for wasting your time we'll be on our way.." My mother gathered us all and we headed back to the van.

My heart is shattered. First Christopher couldn't come to my audition, then I don't even get to audition. Like the world must hate me today.

"Honey I know your upset, but sometimes things like this happen for a reason, maybe it isn't your time.." My mom tried her best to say in a voice to make me feel better but I ended up crying.

"Mom! This isn't fair! Like I worked so hard to get this audition and now I don't even get one! My chance to thrive and be somebody! And now I can't.." I sobbed and all the girls including my mom hugged me for comfort. This really hit me, this is all I ever wanted.

"I'm so sorry, I really wanted you to get your audition I was so excited for you!" Stasha inquired as she stroked my cheek, laying my head on her shoulder.