Party and Bullshit

6:22- September 22nd,2003 Tappahannok, Virginia

"If you don't hurry up I'm leaving you!" Sabrina shouted from downstairs.

I was just putting on my navy blue Skippy's to finish the outfit I was wearing. My sister and I were heading out to a party at Trent's house. I needed to make sure that I look like I'm ready to party.

"Finally! I like your outfit, very urban." Sabrina smiled, grabbing my hand and dragging me out the foyer of our house.

I had to admit, Sabrina looked good. She wore a pair of Eco denim jeans with her favorite Eco red and white graphic tee, not mentioning her red sandals and silver mini hoops to go with, wearing her hair up in a slick ponytail. She kind of made me feel like my outfit wasn't for a party. I was wearing a pair of denim capris, a red tank top and my hair braided in two plats. No earrings, nothing special.

I soon noticed that we were in front if Trent's door, and Sabrina didn't hesitate to walk in. The party started at five, but my sister wanted to make an 'appearance'.

"Hey Brina and Louie!" I heard an oddly familiar voice from behind us.

"JOSH!!!" Sabrina exclaimed engulfing him in a hug as they swayed back and forth, me just awkwardly waving 'hi' off to the side.

I noticed that people were every where. On Trent's couch talking , in his living room dancing, in his kitchen raiding his fridge even chilling around the pool area. Began to search around for the familiar faces Joann and Stasha, then I spotted Trent.

"You made it!" Trent spoke smiling wildly putting his arm around my shoulder.

"Told ya I was coming dippy!" I giggled as he led me to his family room where Stasha and Joann were playing twister with Tony and Chris with three other unfamiliar faces.

"I knew you probably were looking for people you know so here!" Trent patted my back and started to leave out the room.

"Wait how about we get everyone to play man hunt dude! That would be the most epic man hunt there is." I suggested with a smirk as his face lit up.

He took a second to think about it.

"Yeah! I'll set it into two teams of ten since there's only twenty people at the party."

He ran out the room and i snuck up on Tony who was spinning the needle for twister, covering his eyes.

"Guess who this is!!!!" I stated in a dingy voice.

"Louie! Hey, I didn't think you were coming." Tony gave me a hug as the rest of the players for twister collapsed on top of one another.

"Of course I was, any wanna need help?"

"No we're fine" everyone said in unison.

"Everyone in my front yard we're about to start the game!" Trent established, causing everyone to run out the family room like maniacs.

"So this is how it goes, we're playing man hunt, ten on ten. Girls team, boys team. I'm the captain of the guys, Cecilia is the captain of the girls. Ladies first!" Trent spectated back in forth in front of all nineteen teens excluding himself.

Every girl scattered as the boys had to wear their blind folds for an entire minute.

We had the entire street we could hide in. This was gonna be eventful. I ran all the back to Joann's house and I hopped onto the rope later in her backyard where her tree house was. I stayed there catching my breathe. Nobody was going to find me here. Her backyard was like the woods in the movie "Bridge to Terrabathia". This wasn't wear I wanted to hide though, it was only a pit stop. I had exactly thirty-six seconds to get to my destination. I ran to the end the connecting backyards to this house I've never been to, noticing there was a black Ford Expedition parked in the driveway I snuck around the SUV and climbed from the back seat into the trunk which had little space from the third toe of seats set up in the car. I silently waited patiently. I wondered who's car this was.