Chapter 32: Consequences

I am not dead. I do not know how many people are still gonna be reading this, but thank you so much to those who will. If the events seem unfamiliar now, because you might have forgotten them.. please feel free to read the past chapters. Anywayss, here's your chappyy 😗
—————————————————

Camila's POV

           I woke up hearing noises from outside the room. As I listened closely, I recognized the voices to be Jack's and Candice's. Shit. I'm in Shawn's room. I quickly got up as subtly as possible, but Candice quickly spotted me with her eyes. She widened her eyes at me, looking worried.

"Mila, you're awake! What happened?"She engulfed me in a hug, but I didn't know what to say.

"Uhm I just was.. I was looking for you Candy, because something happened. Then I fell asleep." I lied, terribly. They stared at each other with expressions I couldn't read.

"Anyways, Shawn told us you came here crying then you passed out, but of course both statements can be true. We believe you- ow!" Jack flinched as Candice slapped his arm to stop him from talking. I felt humiliated. I can't even look them in the eyes. I wonder what they might be thinking of me right now.

"Oh.  You're awake. Are you feeling better?" Shawn suddenly appeared and spoke up.

"Yeah man. I mean, she said she just took a nap."Jack said, just to be hit by Candice again. This is extremely awkward. Shawn was scratching the back of his head, and I was just looking at random corners of the house.

"So why don't you two get us all something to eat, huh? Mila, you wanted to talk to me, right?" Candice suggested, successfully killing the tension. She pulled me by the arm to another room and sat both of us down.

"So tell me what you want to tell me. I won't push you. I'm just here to listen, not to judge." Candice said, immediately calming me down. I covered my face with both of my hands and sighed. The pictures of what Shawn and I did earlier flashing in my mind.

"Candice, I don't know what's happening to me. I don't know what to say. I'm just humiliated." I said, not meeting her eyes.

"No, no, no. It's just me. I told you I won't judge, and I don't lie. Unlike you." She joked and I laughed.

"hey!" I whined before getting silent again.

"Okay. So Nick... He left last night, or this morning. I don't really know, but he did. He said it was for basketball training, which makes no sense. Then I insisted on him staying, and he got mad. Said he was tired of my shit and I think maybe I also am. I've been acting really shitty lately. I did stuffs I wasn't supposed to do." I didn't notice a tear falling down till I felt it on my cheeks.

"hey." Candice said and sat beside me. She rubbed my back to comfort me as I tried to speak again.

"Everybody knows that with Nick, I'm crazy. I can't and don't want to let him go, even if everybody's trying to tell me otherwise." I continued, knowing I sound ridiculous.

I checked Candice's face for any annoyance and saw none, so I continued. "I'm blabbering. My head kind of hurts I think I need-"

"Here, lie down for a bit." She patted her thigh so I can lie on them. She started to comb her fingers through my hair, and it did ease the nerves a little.

"I just- right now I just feel really, really shitty." I said as I looked up the ceiling.

"That's- I don't even wanna talk about it. I just know that I can't blame everything on Nick. I also did things I wasn't supposed to." I said and Candice looked like she was about to say something, but she stopped herself. I paid no attention to it since I wasn't really feeling well.