Chapter 22: Unexpected (Part One)

I have a question! Do you read through the narration of the basketball game??? Just curious coz I actually put effort into the details hahaha. Basketball fan and player here! Say hiii if you are too ;*

This chap has to go through editing. I just wanted to update so y'all wouldn't hate my ass. Love yaaall! Enjoy!

____________________

Camila's POV

For the nth time now, Shawn pulled Jack away from Michael as we waited for the sheriff. Luckily, Michael was already in handcuffs, and Candice was being interviewed inside. Shawn and I went along to support their statements.

I looked at Shawn with tears in my eyes, as he walked towards me. I couldn't help but cry as I saw Candice speaking.

"Hey." He sat down in front of me and took my small hands in his big ones. I looked up at him and gave him a reassuring smile. Then looked down at our hands, smiling again. It made my heart flutter and my body relax a bit when he was with me.

"Just the person I wanted to see." A familiar voice boomed through the small room, frightening me. I quickly pulled my hands away from Shawn and looked at Nick with fear.

"Missed me?" Shawn asked as he stood up, straightening his jeans.

"Fuck off, Mendes!" Nick spoke through gritted teeth. Shawn only smirked in return.

"Nice sunglasses." Shawn spoke cockily, laughing at the way Nick tried to cover his black eye. I didn't speak. I ignored him and stayed in my seat.

"And you! I was actually worried about you, but here you are. Flirting and whoring around with this piece of shit." I was waiting for a neck crack when I screwed my eyes shut, sure that I saw Shawn lounging forward, but it didn't come. Luckily, the sheriff has arrived.

"Camila. Let's go." Nick said, but I didn't budge. I swallowed the lump in my throat and wiped the tears off my eyes.

"I said let's go." He said sternly, but I continued to ignore him and looked down at my feet.

"Fine. Don't come with me. But after this, we're through. Don't try crawling back to me when you're done with this fag-" His words were entering my ears but not my mind. With the strength I had left, I stood up and spoke, "let's go. I'm sorry guys. I'll see you around." Nick held my arm as we walked away. I didn't care to look at the eyes of the people there.

When we arrived home, I went straight to my room and lied down. I heard his loud footsteps following behind me.

"You know, if I'm gonna keep seeing you with Mendes you might as well just be with him." He said, his voice much calmer but it still had a hint of anger.

"If I wanted to be with him, then why am I here with you?" I asked him and his features softened.

"I don't ever want to see you around him anymore." He said and I nodded tiredly. I don't know if I could fulfill the promise, but I had to.

"Have some rest. You're probably tired." He said just before I drifted off to sleep.
_______________________

Three days later, Nick got home from practice five hours after I got home from school. He looked pissed but I greeted him with a kiss on his lips. He kissed back and pulled away quickly.