Chapter 12: Better left unsaid

Hello again, lovely people! I'm so happy y'all are still reading this. LOL. It makes me really happy when I receive feedback, good or bad :) so please comment ur thoughts as u go :) ily all! Enjoy reading!
__________________________________________________________________

Camila's POV

After what felt like an eternity, I finally decided to take a shower. Taking a towel with me, I locked the bathroom door behind me and got rid of my clothes. I turned the shower on and let the water pour down my body. I screwed my eyes shut and let my body relax at the soothing temperature.

I may have calmed down a bit, but I haven't forgotten. Everytime I close my eyes, he enters my imagination. The guy with dark and wavy brown hair, his eye color matched it perfectly. He had this beautiful bright smile that could leave anyone in awe. To me, he looked almost perfect. No matter what I did, somehow I still ended up thinking about him.

After drying up, I wore a simple v-neck shirt along with my favorite pair of jeans. They were a lot tighter now but I still love to wear them. I stared at my reflection in the mirror and smiled. Although my eyes were still puffy and the dark circles were still there, I looked a lot better than I did earlier.

I sighed and decided to leave my room.

"Babe." I jumped a bit when I was met with Nick's worried expression. He carried a tray of pancakes and coffee. My heart fluttered at the simple gesture. I smiled up at him before leaning up and pressing a kiss to his lips.

"Good morning, babe." I greeted him before taking the tray from his hands motioning him to come in.

"Guess you're okay now, huh? Your mom's downstairs. She was the one who told me to bring you food. Said she was worried about you." He said and my mouth formed an 'o' in response. I was slightly disappointed that this wasn't his idea, but I'm sure he would've done it either way.

"Great. Let's all have breakfast together." I said with fake enthusiasm. He nodded and wrapped an arm around my waist as we headed to the dining room.

"Good morning, mom." I greeted my mom with a warm smile. She looked quite surprised to see me out of bed.

"Good morning, dear. Are you feeling okay now?" she asked me as I kissed her cheek and placed my tray on the table.

"Yes. Let's eat. I'm starving." I said and we all sat down in our seats.

"So Camila..." Nick spoke while putting syrup in his pancake.

"Yes?" I replied before taking a bite of mine.

"What were you doing there when I saw you?" He asked and I froze in my seat.

Quickly recovering, I swallowed my food before opening my mouth to speak. "I was at the football field when it rained. I tried to get back to class but it got worse, so I stayed there." I explained and he nodded in response.

"I will be gone for a few weeks, Nick. I am entrusting my daughter to you." My mom chirped in. I just continued to eat. Nothing new about that.

"You can sleep here sometimes, but use the guest room. I don't want any grandchild anytime soon." She joked and Nick let out a short laugh before nodding. A handsome smile covered his face before he turned to me and winked. I bit my lip to stop myself from smiling.

"Well, I have to go now. I still have an appointment at nine. " she said and stood up, straightening her black pencil skirt. She looked like absolute perfection with her hair neatly tied up in a bun and her blouse perfectly ironed, her make up complimented her face very well. I was the exact opposite of her.