Chapter 18: Confrontations

Jack's POV

I've downed my second bottle of wine and I still can't get her face off my mind.

"I love you."

I was just  about to fall asleep when those words fell off of her mouth. It wasn't because I didn't like it, but because I liked it too much. The eight letters brought shivers throughout my body. She couldn't possibly do.

It brought thousands of emotions to me, and it scared me. It scared me because never did those three words strike me as much as it did last night. I wanted so bad to open my mouth and speak. To tell her that I love her too. That's why I left. That's why I decided to stay away from her. She was changing me and I hated it.

One week.

The one week rule and she almost extended. I pulled out a note from my pocket that Was meant for her.

I've never stayed the night before

It read.

I crumpled the paper and threw it to the bin.

I buried my face in my hands frustratedly. Memories of her kept flashing through my mind. It was usually the intimate and sensual moments I liked to remember, but it was the simple ones.

I remember being so drawn to her the first time I saw her eating breakfast in the cafeteria. My vision was blurred from all the alcohol, but every feature of her beautiful face was clear in my head.

Then I remember flirting with her more often to see her blush. It just looked so cute when her face would turn red and she'd stutter. She was always so tough and sarcastic, but every time I got close to her or said something nice, she would turn shy and all bashful.

Then I found out she could drive. Damn. That one really got me. I acted chill about it, but I found it so awesome. When she got off the motorcycle, I didn't know what got to me. Maybe it was the hormones, but I knew I needed to kiss her. I couldn't forget that. The first time I kissed her. Her plump lips were so soft and warm, I couldn't break away.

I remember the way my heart beat so wildly in my chest. I kept telling myself it was the sex drive. I craved for her. My body craved her so bad, but for the last few days I noticed it was more than that. I wanted more than just the satisfaction of my body's desire. I wanted to see her. I wanted more time with her. I wanted to make her smile. Damn, I wanted to be the reason why her smile reaches her ears. I wanted to make fun of her for eating so much. I wanted to hear her voice over and over again. I just wanted to see her. I just had to see her and I'm happy.

It was never like that with the other girls. That is the corniest shit I've ever felt and I didn't like it.

"Oh shit!" My sister's awfully loud voice boomed through my ears, just before an orange hit my forehead.

"Ow! What the fuck?!" I held my forehead, feeling dizzy. I looked up to see a furious Candice.

"Candice?" I asked, thinking that it was just my imagination, but she stayed there.

"Why did you leave this morning?" She asked and I just knew I couldn't meet her eyes.

I snickered and looked at the bottle filled with moist. "Was there any reason to stay?" I asked and cocked my head to the side.

"Answer your own damned question." She said, startling me when she slammed her fist on my table.

"Jesus Christ! What the fuck has gotten into you?" I shouted to her, but stayed seated on my chair.

"So what, you got tired of me? Got bored?" She said, her voice shaking slightly. I ignored the stinging pain it caused in my chest.

No.