Chapter 14: Paired with disaster

A/N: hello beautiful people! I've just uploaded a new shawmila fanfic called "My stepsister". It'll be a lot more mature and dramafilled, so pls check it out :) link: https://my.w.tt/zJ87GtzokN

ily all! pls vote and comment.. Enjoy reading! xx
_____________________________________________________
Camila's POV

I've been watching Nick practice for the past few hours and classes don't start until 9. He was really good. I've always admired him as a player. His passion for the game is unreal. I wonder if Shawn's any good at this sport. Who am I kidding? He was the school team's captain ball. I wanted to stay and watch him practice, but I guess he didn't want me around anymore. Maybe he got a girlfriend.

"Hey, babe." I didn't notice that Nick had already made his way towards me.

"Hey." I greeted and pulled him in for a short kiss. He had sweat all over his body but he still managed to look good. I retrieved a towel from his bag and used it to wipe the sweat of his face and neck. He took his jersey off, leaving him shirtless. I shot him an annoyed look when I heard the high school girls squealing and gushing over him.

"Baby. I'm all yours." He said while I wiped the sweat off his back. I quickly got his spare shirt from the bag and handed it to him. He put it on and gave me a hug.

"I love playing when you're around. It motivates me." he said and pressed a kiss to my forehead. "A lot."

"And I love watching you play." I said, grinning up at him. "Maybe you should teach me sometime." I suggested and he laughed. I pouted at his response. "I was serious."

"You really want to?" He said, raising an eyebrow up at me.

"No. Nevermind. I was joking." I lied. I really wanted to learn and I thought he'd be thrilled to teach me. I don't know, I just thought it was kinda' cute.

I saw him staring at something from afar so I looked in that direction, but I didn't see anything.

"Nick." I called his attention.

"Yeah." He said, finally locking eyes with me.

"What were you looking at?" I asked, innocently looking up at him.

"What? Nothing. Come on. You're gonna be late for school."
______________________________________________________________

I was five minutes late for class. When I entered the room, the first thing I saw was Shawn sitting beside my seat. He didn't bother looking up when my name was mentioned by the teacher. Do I sit next to him? There's plenty of empty seats at the back.

"You like this seat."

His words echoed through my head. I shook the thoughts off and apologized for being late. Goodness. It's just Shawn. I thought I was done with this. I sat on my usual seat, acting all unaffected and casual. I was wearing a skirt that was just an inch above my knee. He sat with his legs apart so my thigh accidentally brushed against his as I got comfortable in his seat. I felt electricity shot through my body at the brief contact. Shawn looked unfazed but I saw his adam's apple move and his jaw slightly tighten as he moved his leg away from mine.

Alright, maybe this was a bad idea. I should've sat somewhere else. I tried to listen to the teacher and not get distracted by the awfully attractive man next to me. It was about a project. She was discussing the contents of a biography.

Yup. Biography.

No. Not Shawn Mendes.

Biography. Focus. Camila.