Chapter 19: The tune up game

Shawn's POV

Jack came in, his arms slung on a girl's shoulders. The oversized tits and full on makeup told me it wasn't Candice. He kissed the girl before she left.

"What?" Jack asked when he noticed me looking at him.

"Thought you were with Candice?" I asked and his eyes widened before he let out a laugh.

"Not my type, dude. And what do you mean 'with Candice'? You know I don't date." He said as he changed into his jersey, weirdly avoiding eye contact.

"Yeah. That's why I was shocked when Camila told me." I continued to interrogate him.

"You know girls, man. Always makin' up stuffs." He said before facing me and tapping my shoulders. I shrugged it off and got into the huddle. As both teams entered the court, I saw Nick glaring at me from afar.

Let's just hope that you came in prepared.

It wasn't because I was offended by him calling me a pussy. It was his words against Camila, and her face after that. It was like my vision blurred and I wanted nothing but to see blood on his face. I broke the stare and listened to coach Brown's instructions.

The crowd wasn't so big. After all, it was only a tune up game. For that reason, I quickly spotted her beautiful face on the bleachers. My breath hitched in my throat as she met my eyes. I quickly turned away as the referee blew the whistle. The jump ball was between me and Nick, and I easily tapped it to Jack. Hollers were already heard from girls on our side as we ran to our positions. Jack passed it to Renzo, our point guard. He quickly released the ball but he missed. That was rare. I gave him a thumbs up before running to the other side of the court.

I defended Nick lightly when he received a pass from his teammate. We were under the ring when he jumped up to shoot the ball. Luckily, I didn't foul. He shot me a cocky smirk but I shrugged. Man was trying too hard.

For the rest of the first half, jack never left my side. "Are you sure you're not just into me?" I said before faking a shot and holding the ball with one hand. Huge shrieks and 'Oohs' were heard from the crowd, when Nick fell for it.

I waited for him to look back at me before I shot the ball. The crowd cheered louder when it went in. The game ended with 111-109, in favor of my team of course. It was funny because Nick kept complaining to the referee throughout the last 40 seconds of the game. He was all frustrated but it was only a tune up game. Kudos to him though, he scored 30 when I only scored twenty-eight.

Cameron was throwing a party tonight at his place and I wanted nothing more than to just relax and let loose.

Hoping to see her, but I was also wishing I wouldn't .
___________________
Candice's POV

I fell on the couch after washing the mountain of dishes from my brother's birthday celebration. My eyes felt heavy but I was startled by the light buzzing of my phone.

You weren't at the game today. Come to the party tonight? xoxo

It was a text from Cameron. It was sent an hour ago, but I think I can still make it. I dialed Camila's number and she picked up in less than a second.

"Sup, whore?" She greeted casually. After all the stressful events I went through, I just wanted to have some fun.

"Please don't tell me you're with Nick." I asked hoping she would say no.

"No way." She replied, and I could hear the annoyance in her voice upon hearing the name.

"Great then! Come with me to Cameron's party." I said, enthusiastically.