Chapter 29: Unspoken

A/n: Uhmm.. Short sappy chapter. I apologize if this is shitty, my sister just broke my phone and I am currently sobbing.

Shameless plug: PLSSS READ MY SHAWMILA DETECTIVE STORY "PARTNERS IN CRIME SOLVING"  yow I swear you won't regret it... :) 

Shawn's POV

    I despise the feeling of love. It is the most disgusting thing in the world. For one person to feel so strongly for another, that they would give anything for them. For one person to put another's needs above his. I especially hated unrequited love. One where you suffer in silence, while you watched the person you love from afar. It was the most painful.

Destiny was so wicked, and mischievous, to allow people to fall in love with people who could never be theirs. To let people wish to have someone in their arms, but instead see them in another's arms. I listened to the calming sound of the sea as I sat on the sand. I was not too stubborn this time to admit that I have unwillingly fallen in love with her.

I think I've been sitting here for two hours, when I felt someone' presence beside me. I hoped that it was just Jack asking if I wanted to get some rest, but it was the girl that has invsded my head and my heart.

"Hey." She said and took a seat on the sand, a few feet away from me. She sighed as she stared at the sea, like what I was doing.

"Hi." I said calmly, but my heart had already quickened its beating. When I finally decided to move my eyes toward her, I immediately regretted it. I wish she wasn't so beautiful, so it would not hurt to look at her.

"I get this strange feeling in my chest whenever I see you. It's kind of silly. Do you feel it too?" She asked, making my heart stop. How could she say it so casually? Was she unaware of the effect she had on me?

When I did not respond, mostly because I was still shocked, she let out a light laugh. "Has the beauty of the sea rendered you speechless?" She asked and I shook my head.

No, your beauty has.

Seeing her and speaking to her seemed unbearable now that I had admitted my love for her to myself. Why did she make it harder by saying those words? I didn't wish to be rude, but I was at loss of words.

"Yes." I finally answered her question. That is when my eyes met hers for the first time, sending electricity through my body. I wondered if she could read minds, then she would know how I am feeling.

We stayed like that for a while, just staring at each other's eyes, trying to figure each other out, without speaking a word. For a while, I saw something different in her eyes, almost mirroring the emotions my eyes wore, to be completely replaced by sadness. I wanted nothing but to kiss her that time, but my mind was in the right place this time. Unlike the countless times that I mistreated her.

"Don't you wish life was as calm and as beautiful as the sea." She said and sighed, leaning back further, using her arms to support her weight. I nodded, this was the second time I'd experienced calmness with her. The first time was when she was in my arms, when the rain was pouring hard over us.

Before I could think of it, the words came out of my mouth. "Camila. No matter what happens, just know that you're special to me."

Her eyes widened at my confession, and my heart felt like it was going to leap out of my chest. My body seemed to relax as she gave me a beautiful smile.