Chapter 5: Thank you

Previously...

I stopped the car in front of her house and got out of my seat, running to the other side. I opened the door and carried her in my arms again and shut the door with my foot. She instantly wrapped her arms around my neck. I walked up to the door and she twisted the door knob so we could go in.

"You can put me down on the sofa." She said as I panted heavily. I placed her down on the sofa and walked to the kitchen, but she stopped me by grabbing my wrist in her hand.

"Shawn. Thank you.. For helping me." She said and gave me a smile. I couldn't help but smile as well.

"Don't be crazy. I was gonna get ice for that." I said and turned to leave, I heard her laugh at my words. Did she really think I was gonna leave her like this?

I felt my heart stop as the door swung open.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Camila's POV

I instantly froze in my place as Nick entered the door.

"Hey, babe. Sorry, I forgot to tak-" he stopped speaking as soon as he saw Shawn and immediately, a scowl covered his face.

"What is he doing here? " he asked angrily, pointing at Shawn.

"I gave her a ride back home. Got a problem with that?" Shawn replied bluntly. Oh god, please. I dont need this right now.

"I wasn't talking to you, you son of a bitch! Get the fuck out of my house, now!" nick shouted, clenching his fists by his sides.

I looked at Shawn, pleading for him to just leave.

"was about to leave anyway." Shawn replied through gritted teeth and walked past him, making sure to "accidentaly" bump shoulders with him. Shawn walked away without a word and closed the door behind him.

I kind of felt bad that he left but I asked him, right?

I felt my stomach twisting at the sudden turn of the events. Suddenly I felt Nick's strong hand grab my chin and turned my head to face him. I kept a straight face and looked him straight in the eyes.

"Is that your new boyfriend, huh?" Nick asked in a mocking tone.

"Fuck off, will you?" I grabbed his wrist and moved his hand away feom my face. I was about to walk away when he grabbed both of my wrist and pinned me to the wall.

"Babe, I'm sorry." He whispered in a sincere tone as he rested his head on my shoulder. Silence fell upon us as we stayed in this position.

Guess you could say he's bipolar. I've learned to deal with it through the years.

"Nick, please. " I said and tried to push him off me.

"No, no.Camila. Please stay. I don't wanna loose you again." He caught me off guard when he roughly pressed his lips to mine. I was tired of resisting so I gave in to him and parted my lips to give him more access. Our lips moved in sync as he carried me on to the sofa. I held on to his shirt as I continued to keep up with his movements...
_________________________

It was Saturday today so we didn't have classes. I was actually planning on saying thank you to Shawn for yesterday and spend some time with him. Never thought I'd say this but I kind of miss him.

As for Nick, I quickly left without him noticing. Luckily, I was able to wake up first. I hated myself for giving in last night. Stuffs were still not clear between us. Mental face palm.

I started walking to Shawn's house. Wait! Where the heck is his house? Ugh. I am so stupid. I quickly got my phone out and dialed his number. He isn't answering. After two more redials, I gave up.

Zach! I quickly dialed his bestfriend's number. After two rings, he picked up.

"Hello?"

"Hey, Zach. It's Camila from school."

"Oh yeah. What do you need?"

"I was gonna ask for Shawn's address." I said, hoping he wouldn't ask why. I heard him chuckling.

"So?" I asked.

"Sorry. Just that he couldn't stop talking about you the other day." He said. Oh.

"Oh." I cringed when I remembered the scene at the bar. He was still laughing.

"Okay okay. He actually lives at the house just beside the frat house near school." He said. Finally.

"Okay. Thanks. Bye!" I said and ended the call. Phew.
----------

This must be his house. I saw his car parked outside so I knocked on the door a bit hesitantly. I heard footsteps nearing so I fixed my hair before he could open the door.

The door swung open, revealing Shawn shirtless. Shit.

I didn't notice that I was staring when he cleared his throat.

"Uh. Hi!" I said, probably blushing deeply. He flashed me a cheeky smile.

"Hey. Definitely wasn't expecting this. Come in." He said and and guided me in, placing a hand on my back. Smooth.

He's gonna have to put a shirt on somehow, right? Damn. I knew he was cute and all but, wow.

"Nice place you got here." I commented.

"Thanks. By the way, why'd you come here?" He asked and sat beside me on the couch. Our eyes locked for the first time today.

"I just came by to say thank you for yesterday. For taking me home." I said and smiled nervously at him.

Put a freaking shirt on, Mendes.

"Oh. That was nothing, Mila. How's your ankle?" He asked.

"It's actually so much better now. I mean, I did walk all the way here." I awkwardly joke.

"Oh! And Nick, was it?" His expression changed after asking that. I awkwardly shifted in my seat.

"Uhm. Sorry 'bout him."

"I don't think you like him." He said and I froze in my seat.

"Excuse me?" I asked him with my voice raised slightly. He inched closer to me and spoke, "I said, I don't think you like your boyfriend." He said and I could feel his breath fanning over my face.

"Why do you say so?" I asked, backing away slightly but he locked me to the edge of the couch.

"Well for starters, you kissed me back in the bar." He started traveling his hands down my body. My breath hitched in my throat and I couldn't speak.

"I know you want me too. I can see it in your eyes. Your body language. The way your breath hitches when I touch you." He said this as he caressed my face. He chuckled deeply. He enclosed the gap between us by pressing his lips to mine.

"I knew you'd end up in my bed somehow." He said cockily.

What the fuck?

I pushed him off of me with all the force I had and wiped my lips with the back of my hand.

"You're an asshole! I swear! Don't even know why I went here!" I shouted angrily as he sat there with a smirk on his face.

"Don't act all innocent. You want this as much as I do. You use that poor excuse of a boyfriend as a sex toy but you know I can fuck you so much better than he can-" he was cut off by my hands colliding with his face. I was fuming with anger.

"How dare you! How fucking dare you? You know nothing about me! You're so full of yourself and you think just because of your good looks, and your bad boy image, any girl would die just to have you! And I actually fell for your act yesterday, but your still a douche." He was unglazed by my words and just shrugged.

"You done?" He asked. I clenched my fists by my side and turned to leave.

Can't believe I even thought of hanging out with him.

A/n: hey guys! Sorry if I wasn't able to update so much but I'll update more often from now on :) I love you guys! Stay strong. ik it's kind of sad that camz went solo but I'm happy for her. Hope u guys are too. Ily all guys!
-Ari xx