Chapter 3

Shawn's POV

I stared at my watch as the teacher continued to blab about our lesson. Five more minutes. I impatiently tapped foot against the floor as I waited for him to dismiss the class.

Suddenly, the bell rang. Yes!

"Okay, don't forget your homeworks. Class dismissed." The teacher said and as soon as he said that, I quickly stood up from my seat along with all of the other students and headed for the door.

"Mendes!" The teacher called when I was about to leave class. Shit.

"Yes?" I asked.

"You didn't think I forgot, did you?" He asked with a stern look on his face.

"Forgot what?" I cluelessly asked him.

"The project that was due last week." He said and I mentally gave myself a face palm. Idiot. What do I do now?

"Oh!" I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"You didn't do it, did you?" He asked with a scowl on his face.

"Did I?" I asked. "Of course I did! I just forgot it at home. Don't worry Mr. Collins, I'll bring it tomorrow." I said and quickly turned to leave. Don't call me. Please don't.

"Don't leave just yet." He warned and I sighed in defeat.

"2 hours of detention." He said and I rolled my eyes. There was no use in fighting back, was there?

"Detention it is." I said in a sarcastic tone. I followed behind him as he guided me to the detention room.

I walked in the room and went to the seat in the third row. This is gonna be sooo exciting. Mr. Collins took a seat and gave me a smile. I gave him a fake one and took a random notebook out of my bag just to avoid talking to him.

Seconds later, I heard heels clicking on the hallway. The door swung open, revealing Miss Baker? Miss Parker? I don't know. I simply focused my attention back on my notebook.

"Oh look, you've got company." Mr. Collins said and I looked up to see who it was.

Oh, what a surprise.

"Hey." I said with a huge grin on my face. She looked uneasy and shocked when she saw me. She flashed me a forced smile and sat down at the seat furthest from mine.

"How did you get here, Cabello?" I asked her.

"Forgot my homework." She replied, not bothering to look at me.

Huh. Ms. Smart ass forgot her homework.

We didn't talk anymore after that.

"The two of you stay here. I'll be back." The teacher said and left the room.

"Just me and you, huh?" I said to her.

"I guess." She replied. I stood up from my seat, carrying my bag with me. I transferred to the seat beside her. She nervously avoided my gaze and fiddled with her fingers.

"Why are you so nervous around me?" I asked her.

"I'm not." She mumbled.

"Yeah? Why can't you look at me, then?" I said, moving closer to her.

She sighed turned her head to look at me and our faces almost met. I stared at her intensely, trying to figure her out. She tried to keep a steady breathing as she stared at me.

"Shawn." She said, the words escaped her lips so softly that it sounded almost like a whisper.

"Yeah." I replied.

"I-i want to-" her sentence was cut off when the door suddenly swung open. Camila jumped in surprise and quickly turned away. I simply sunk back in my seat and turned away.

"Camila!" I heard a guy said and I quickly snapped my head up to see who it was.

"Oh. Hey, Nick." She greeted the guy with a nervous smile. Nick who, now?

"We're going home now. I already talked to your teacher." The guy said and Camila flashed me a smile before walking over to the guy.

He then gave me a death glare before wrapping his arm around her waist and leaving.

What the fuck? Was that her boyfriend?

What a douche. And doesn't he look a bit old for her?

Never mind. I don't care anyway.

Mr. Collins entered the room and sat in his seat without a word.

All that's stuck in my head was, "What was she trying to tell me?"

"I want to-"

Want to what?

Want to leave? Nahh.

Want to go home? Maybe.

Want to go to the washroom? Meh.

Want to kiss me? Now that's not impossible. After all, we have done it a few times. Okay, one time.

"You okay, Mendes?" Mr. Collins asked with a worried look on his face. Only now did I notice that I was smiling like an idiot.

"All good, sir. Just remembered something." I said and he nodded. I've gotta stop thinking about her.