Chapter 15: Paired with disaster (Part 2)

a/n: Hey guys!! I just wanna say that I appreciate all of the sweet comments from y'all and I'm so so so happy that ur enjoying the book! eeek! Tysm! Ily all so much! Please comment ur thoughts as u go!

Ps. This'll be a bit shitty and full of typos coz I haven't checked for mistakes. Sowwwyyyyy

_________________________________________________

Camila's POV

I don't know how I got myself in this situation. One minute, I was leaving Jack's place to meet Nick and now, I'm at a covered court watching Shawn play basketball with my boyfriend. No, it didn't look like a friendly game. Especially not to Nick.

Score was already, 1-1. Each ball that goes in only counts as one point no matter how far the shot is. Nick took it to his advantage since 3 point shooting isn't his forte.

Shawn was already dribbling the ball, while Nick had his arms stretched out to defend him. Switching the ball from his left to his right, Shawn was greatly bothered by Nick's defense. I was at the edge of my seat, clearly more nervous than both of them combined.

I don't know what happened, but Shawn managed to get through his defender, now on his way to the ring. Nick was too far behind. I bit my lip in anxiousness. Why did they decide to do this all of a sudden?

Nick seemed so frustrated in himself as he retrieved the ball. They both were very tall, but Shawn had a more muscular built. From the left corner, he went for a three. I looked away, not wanting to see if it went out or not. What the heck? Why was I such a nervous wreck? Shawn didn't even defend him too much but his shot didn't go in. That definitely isn't how Nick plays. Why was he so distracted?

Determined to score, Nick got his own rebound. He took his time and dribbled the ball away from the basket. Carefully dribbling the ball while he kept his head up, he jumped up and threw the ball with precision.

Yes.

I cheered for him when the ball went in. Shawn's expression suddenly changed into an annoyed one when he saw me cheering. Getting the rebound, Shawn wasted no time in getting another shot.

The score was 10-14, Shawn leading while Nick struggled to catch up. I might be wrong but Shawn started acting all serious after he heard me cheering for Nick. Nick dribbled the ball away and stopped behind the line, aiming for three points. Shawn guarded him carefully. Intimidating him. He took the shot and my palms were already sweaty from anxiousness as he did so. It was so close, but it didn't go in. Shawn took the rebound and was defended by Nick. Dribbling the ball in place, Nick watched him with great concentration. Shawn motioned to go to his left but quickly switched the ball to his other side, leaving his defender stunned as he made his way to the ring. I wanted to cover my eyes but I sat there watching as he turned to look at me before leaping up to dunk the ball with both of his hands.

Damn.

I watched as Nick made his way to Shawn and shook his hand. Nick made his way towards me after talking to Shawn. I passed him his towel and pressed a kiss to his lips. Accidentally making eye contact with Shawn in the process. He looked away and tugged his jersey up.

Oh no.

His back muscles flexed as he got rid of his jersey and slung it over his shoulder. He faced us and slowly walked to our place. I swallowed the lump in my throat and looked away.

"Man. You got an extra towel?" Shawn asked from behind Nick. My god, if wasn't hercules in a high school boy's body.

"Here." Nick said and passed him a clean towel. I looked away and drank from my water bottle, suddenly feeling very thirsty.