Chapter 16: Paired with disaster (Part 3)

Jack's POV

You wanna know what's alarming? Shawn hasn't hooked up with any girl since Camila or flirt, even. That's why I have decided on investigating this case myself. Call me nosy or whatever, I don't really care.

"Practice again?" I asked as Shawn passed by, wearing his basketball jersey.

"Yeah." He said and continued walking to the door.

"Man, I know you're captain ball of the team but you've never been this prepared for a game. You need to get some rest, you know? Don't wanna get injured or anything."

"It's fine. I want to." He assured me. I sighed in my seat and checked my watch for the time.

"See you at school then." I said and he nodded in response.

6:00 am

Still have two more hours before my classes start. I'm starting to think that I should've gone with Shawn and practiced for next month's game.

__________________________________________________________________

It was now 7am and I got bored so I decided to go to school an hour early. Not a very bright idea, I realized now that I'm here and doing absolutely nothing. I decided to go to the cafeteria to buy some food, declaring monday as my new cheat day. I went for a donut and a strawberry frappe. The cafeteria was almost empty if it weren't for the familiar looking girl sitting in the corner. It was the table across ours. I couldn't help but smile a little as I saw the amount of food she has on her table. Damn. She had pancakes, scrambled eggs, hash brown, and sausage, I think? She was also drinking coffee. I spotted the 'mcdonalds' bag beside her as I sat down on the table across her. Oh. I finally recognize her. She's one of Camila's friends. As I took a sip from my latte, I watched her in amusement. It was kinda' cute to see her in her reading glasses but she looked better without them. She was using her laptop as she ate, savoring the taste in her mouth as she screwed her eyes shut and moaned in appreciation. I bit my lip to stifle a laugh. My feet seemed to have their own minds as they dragged me to her table.

"Big breakfast, eh?" Her mouth was full as she looked up to see me standing in front of her. Her eyes widened but she kept her mouth shut and swallowed the food without chewing.

At that time, I really couldn't hold back the laugh. "Do you need a drink?" I asked, handing out my frappe to her. Again, her eyes widened as she looked at my drink then back to my face. Damn it, she's kinda weird.

"What?" she asked. I didn't really know what she was asking about so I just let out a short laugh.

"Can I sit here?" I asked and she just nodded in response. I wanted to ask her a few stuffs about Camila since she's  friends with her.

"Hey, I'm jack." I said, scratching the back of my neck.

"uh-huh." she replied, forcing out a smile.

"and you are?"

"oh. Right. Candice." she said. I could tell she was feeling awkward cause she was just sitting up straight, and she hasn't touched her food.

"You're friends with Camila, right?" I asked.

"Yes, but only recently. It's only my second week here." She said, sounding a lot less nervous.

"Oh. Is that so?" I said and took a bite from my donut. Well then, there goes my chances of knowing more about Camila's dick of a boyfriend.

"Yeah, sorry.. but what did you wanna know about her? I could ask." she politely offered.

"No. It's all good." I said and gave her a reassuring smile.

"Lemme guess, cheat day?" I asked and she stared at me weirdly before letting out a laugh.