GUIDE TO REVIEWS

This page is created to guide both reviewers and requesters on what each focus contains.

REVIEWERS: mind what each focus is about when you do your review. Try to include all what's the point about when reviewing.

REQUESTERS: when you pick your focuses, make sure you know what each includes and what you need advice on.

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

FIRST IMPRESSION

This point includes your title, cover, and description. Are they relevant to your story? Do they give the right impression about your plot? Does your description give enough teasers about your plot and main characters?

NOTE: this point is automatically included in your review, so you don't have to pick it.

PLOT

This includes the overall impression of your plot stages: exposition, rising action, climax, falling action and resolution.

The reviewer might not continue reading your story until the end, but they're expected to pass by two stages of these. Is your writing smooth when you move from stage to stage? Is anything rushed or prolonged? Are there plot holes that interrupt the flow?

Let's not forget the originality of your plot. Cliché? Overused? Unique?

CHARACTERS

Your main characters are expected to show different characteristics depending on their roles in the story. Each action and each thought presented are supposed to build a character that's relatable, distinguishable and realistic.

WRITING STYLE

This point is big and important. The reviewer is supposed to cover the following points:

- choice of words:
Does your choice of words convey the meaning well? Is your choice awkward? Is your choice repetitive? Do you use adverbs a lot?

- pov usage:
Is the pov you chose proper to your story? Did it fulfil your plot? Do you switch?

- dialogues between characters:
Do they make your characters special? Do your characters interact like actual human beings?

- descriptions:
Do you describe each scene well? Do you show and not tell? Do you over-describe?

- paragraphing:
Is your paragraphing distracting to the readers? Do you paragraph your dialogues well?

GRAMMAR

Pretty self-explanatory. Do you switch tenses? Do you use the appropriate punctuation marks? Are your dialogues just jumbled up in a confusing mess?

▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃▃

I hope that was helpful! Reviewers, please try to cover as needed as possible from the points above, so the writers get the best help available.

Thank you so much for requesting in our shop!

— The team