Chapter 28: The Silent Before the Storm

I slowly opened my eyes as I found myself on the bed. The room was still dimmed with candles. Some candles were out and some candles were still on with fire making the room a little glowly with the light.

I could tell it was still early morning. Turning my head around I tried to see the clock that was in the nightstand. However, as I tried to move my body, I found two strong hands wrapped around my waist, holding me. I turned my head and saw Eshan sleeping next to me.

Memories of last night flashed into my head as I realized how embarrassing those moments were. I bit my lips as I leaned a little closer to his sleeping body.

Eshan was sleeping next to me and his head was rested on the pillow. His face was so peaceful. I looked around the room and noticed how messy was the room. His coat was on the floor. His necktie was on the bed stand. His shoes were thrown somewhere far in the room. He only laid beside me with his simple half sleeve t-shirt.

I couldn't help my to lean closer to Eshan. He looked like he was in a mess. His lips held a smile as he slept peacefully. My fingers ran on his cheeks and then to his hair curls. I noticed how messy his hair looked.

I sighed.

What was I saying?

Even I looked like a mess. My gown was messy and it was loosely falling slightly over my shoulder a bit. My hair was messy and my legs felt numb. I could feel the pain between my legs when I would move my legs a bit.

Guess, it was a rough night.

My eyes fell on Eshan's face again. Last night I saw a side of Eshan that I had never seen before. My fingers ran on his cheeks and I found myself smiling a little.

It was hard to believe that I fell this hard for Eshan.

Eshan's face looked so innocent when he slept. I couldn't help but to lean closer to his face. My cheeks turned red as I leaned closer to his forehead and slowly pressed a soft butterfly kiss on his forehead.

As I pulled away from him, I couldn't stop myself from smiling.

Suddenly, my eyes fell on my phone that was on the bed beside Eshan's pillow.

I took the phone in my hand and looked at the time.

It was 6:30 AM.

I had to pray Fajr salah.

I sighed as I move Eshan's hands from my waist to break free from his hold. Then I rolled on the other side of the bed and was going to get off the bed when I felt a hand holding my arm

I tried to get up this time but suddenly I felt a little tug on my arm. I didn't get to turn my head back because the hand tugged me strongly as I rolled back to the bed and fell on top of Eshan.

My face buried on his chest as my hands laid on his shoulder. Slowly moving my head up, I noticed how I was on top of Eshan and he was lying under me and his hands circled my waist.

His eyes slowly opened and I noticed how close we were. A smile played on his lips as he leaned closer to me and brushed his nose against mine.

"Good morning, beautiful," Eshan said softly.

I smiled at Eshan as I felt him cupping my cheeks and pressing his forehead against mine. "Hey," I whispered softly.

Eshan didn't say anything but looked at me, lovingly. I noticed how he put a strand of my hair behind my ear and looked at me with his red tinted cheeks.

"I liked the morning greeting that you just did now," he whispered.

Morning greeting?

I was confused for a moment until I realized that I gave a butterfly kiss on his forehead a few minutes ago.