Chapter 15: Dinner Invitation

"Aliya?" I called out.

No response.

I sighed.

I had been searching for this girl right after she took her shower.

After coming home and eating dinner, I took her to the washroom to give her a nice bath because she was a kid. However, right after her shower, she heard my phone ringing and dashed out of the washroom naked and wrapped with only a piece of towel.

So now, I had a naked sneaky little girl hiding in my small apartment. And she was small so I was searching for her under the table, under the bed behind the doors . . .

It was a mess.

She was nowhere to be found. Strangely, my phone was nowhere to be found as well.

I wondered where she went.

"Aliya!" I called out again as I walked to the kitchen to check on her.

But she wasn't there.

I checked on every cupboard and as I reached for the top shelves, I noticed something.

The jar of chocolate cookies were missing.

That's strange.

Did Aliya took the cookies?

I knew she loved the cookies which was why I put the cookies so high in the top shelves so that she wouldn't find it but I guess she found out about it and took the cookies.

I sighed.

I looked down the floor and noticed some crumbs of cookies on the floors and it was lying on the floor in a trail.

I began to follow the crumbs and noticed it made a path towards my bedroom closet.

I walked towards the closet and could hear whisperes.

Was she hiding in the closet?

I leaned my head near the closed closet to hear the whispers.

"I got it," I heard a whispering voice. "I will do that."

The voice was definitely Aliya's. That sneaky little girl. I wondered what she was doing.

"Okay, so Mission Sarhan is in action! We will make it work," she whispered and I could hear crunch sounds.

Moving my hands on the handle of the closet, I opened the closet door finding Aliya sitting on a shelve of the closet. She had a phone in one hand and her legs wrapped around the cookie jar. She was holding a cookie with her another hand and her whole face was filled with chocolate and crumbs.

Messy girl.

I wanted to yell at her but seeing her like that made me laugh.

I laughed as I saw her looking at me in shock.

"Sarah?" She whispered and she cut the phone call and then stared a me.

I put my hand on my hip and looked at her. "What are you doing here, messy girl?"

She grinned, showing her toothless smile and crumbs on her cheeks. "I was just taking to Yasir," she laughed.

"Yasir?" I asked as I raised my hands to pick her from the shelf of the closet.

She was in a mess. Chocolate and crumbs were all over her hair and face.

Honestly . . .

I didn't know what to say. I just gave her a bath.

"Yes Sarah," she laughed as I held her on my arms. "We are making a plan."

I laughed as I put her down on the bed. "Plan?"