Chapter 9: Promise a Morning Out

I walked towards the parking lot. Aliya was walking beside me, holding my hands as she was walking. She was giggling and talking with Yasir. Yasir was walking beside her. Eshan was beside walking beside Yasir and was talking in the phone.

It was something to do with the company.

"Yes, Ms. Helen, I have send you the files for the presentation already," Eshan said with a tiring voice. "Please handle it by yourself. You are the manager."

So, Ms. Helen was the manager?

Why was Eshan so mad at Ms. Helen though?

Oh well . . . Not my business . . .

I saw Eshan sighing. "Ms. Helen, please, I am outside with my brother and I don't want to deal with business now. As a manager, you are suppose to carry out business presentations on my behalf. So, deal with it," I heard him say as he cut the phone call.

Eshan looked annoyed and tired. I knew I shouldn't ask him about the issue but . . . I guess I was curious. So, I decided to ask.

"Um . . . Mr. Jatt, any problem?" I asked him as we reached to our car.

Eshan nodded. "My manager . . . Gosh! She is so annoying!" He whispered, almost yelling but he didn't raise his voice as he was still with the kids.

"You are talking about Ms. Helen?" I asked.

He nodded. "You haven't met her yet, but when you will meet her, you will understand. She is talented alright but she is really pushy," he sighed as he rubbed his neck with his hand. "Sorry, I shouldn't complain about one employee infront of another employee."

I smiled at him. "It's alright. I can understand that some employees are little hard to deal with."

Eshan nodded but didn't smile. He seamed to be in deep thought.

I reached to my car which was parked two to three cars beside Eshan's car. "We will be off then."

Eshan nodded.

Aliya looked at me and then to Eshan. Her beautiful smile faded as she understood that this was where the conversation ends. We were going to go home now.

I noticed Yasir looking upset too. He looked up at Eshan and said, "Can't we stay together for a little longer?"

Eshan shook his head. "I have to get back to office after I drop you home, Yasir," he said.

Yasir frowed. "You are just going to leave me in that stupid home alone. Mom and dad are taking a flight to Australia today and you know it! I will home all alone with my nanny!"

Eshan sighed and bend down to meet Yasir's height. "Yasir, you know there is no option-"

"There is always no options! Work! Work! Work!" He stormed his feet on the ground. I could see water building up on his eyes.

I honestly felt bad. I didn't thought Yasir was suffering this much. Being all alone at home at such young age . . .

"You don't care about me!" Yasir yelled as I could see water rolling down his cheeks. He quickly whipped it and tried his best to stay strong.

I could see Eshan looking at Yasir with sadness. "Yasir, you know everybody have work and you live with me alone. I have to go back and forth to U.S.A. and Canada every month. I can't be home all day-"

"I got it! I understand!" Yasir yelled in frustration. "It's okay! I just need to stay home and study all day so I can become a celebrity like you, right?!"

Eshan shook his head in disappointment. He didn't say anything but looking at Eshan, I could tell how much he felt bad about the whole thing.

I guess that's how famous people live.