Chapter 5: Mysterious Bully

I sighed as I looked at the mail on my phone. I was cooking a while ago when I heard my phone buzzing. I had put the sausage on the oven and left it for baking so I could read the notification in phone.

I went near the table where my phone was and took the phone and scrolled down the taskbar and saw an e-mail from Amir Jatt.

I frowed.

Where did he got the e-mail from?

Maybe from my job application or resume that I submitted on the company?

Oh well . . .

I looked at the phone's screen and clicked on the email to see what he wrote and began to read.

So, Mr

So, Mr. Jatt wanted to meet me tomorrow, huh?

Well, it wasn't bad. So, I took the phone and began to type back.

I wrote the e-mail and tap on the send button

I put my phone on the table and went back to the kitchen to cook dinner. I went near the oven and pulled out the sausages.

We were going to have hot dogs for dinner.

It wasn't healthy or enough for dinner but that was what I could get from the budget money Waali had provided me with. He only gave me $200 for a month to spend in grocery. It was too tittle but well . . .

I couldn't ask for more. At least we were not starving like how he used to treat us before.

I took two untoasted bread, because we didn't had a toaster, and began to make the hotdogs. I felt a little tug on my paijama and looked down to see my sunshine.

I smiled. "Is my lady hungry?"

She laughed and threw her little arms around my legs. "I am so hungry, Sarah. Is dinner ready?"

I nodded and bend down and scooped her on my arms and made her seat on the kitchen counter.

She watched as I put her hotdogs on a plate and cut the hotdogs in small pieces just because it was too big to fit in her mouth.

I walked to the dining table and put the our dinner there.

Aliya quickly washed her hands and went to the table to take a seat and eat. She sat in the chair and took the plate near her.

"Bismillah!" she said as she put a piece of hotdogs on her mouth. "Yummy!"

I smiled and took a seat next to her. "You didn't told me how was tour school today, baby girl." I said.

Her eyes landed on me as she giggles. "School is so fun. I am learning about how to additions now."

"Oh nice," I said.

"But," her smile dropped. "There is this bully in our school, Sarah. He is in grade 3 but we are in the same play ground and play together in recess. He is such a meanie!"

"Meanie?"

"Yes," she said. "He always pushes us and today . . . He pushed me in recess and then called me names."

I raised my eyebrows. "He did that? Didn't you tell his teacher?"

"I did! I told Ms. Giles! She is his tecaher," she said and then stood up on her chair. "But when the school ended, his daddy and mommy came to pick him. Ms. Giles just talked to his parents and that's all."

"That's all?"

"Yes, his mommy and daddy hugged him and didn't say anything to him," she whispered.

Wow!

Must be a spoiled kid from a rich family.

I could see tears forming on her eyes.

I was shocked. I never seen Aliya in tears unless it is about . . .

"That bully . . ." Tears formed on her eyes as I got off my chair to walk to her. "He told me that I am an orphan . . ."

She didn't get to finish her sentence as my own arms pulled her to my chest and hugged her little body. I could hear her small hiccups and sobbing sound.

It was breaking my heart.

She knew that our parents would never return to us. I never told her how everything happened but she knew the bitter truth.

She cried on my arms and hugged me tight. My heart felt like it was getting crushed. I knew I couldn't do anything to take away this pain from her.

She meant everything in my life but in times like this, all I could do was to cry along her side.

"It's okay, baby girl," I whisper as I rubbed her back.

My eyes were watery but I held my tears back. I couldn't show her my weak side. She always saw me as her super woman.

"Sarah, why did mommy and daddy left us?" She cried on my arms.

Our parents never left us, Aliya. It was Waali who took our parents away from us.

But I couldn't tell a child that.

I scooped her on my arms and patted her back. She didn't stop crying.

"Shhh baby," I whispered. "It's okay. Everything is going to be okay."

She didn't reply. I felt her body calming down a little and heard her faint snore.

She had fell asleep.

I sighed.

She didn't even finish her dinner. She cried herself to sleep.

I took her to our room and laid her on the bed. Her eyes still had tears as she slept. I pulled the blanket and tugged her with it. I whipped her tears and kissed her forehead.

My hands ran down her hair and lightly patted her back.

I was angry and upset.

Today my sister cried only because of that boy. Tomorrow, I would go to her school and have a personal chat with the principal.

There was no way, I would let that boy get away after hurting my sister.

I would first talk to the principal and then go to office to talk about my job.

-------------------

Assalamualim and hello!

Sorry for the late update. I had exam and work today. I came home at night and took me so long to write the chapter.

I hope you enjoyed the chapter. Please ignore any errors. I will correct it later. Take care.

Love,
Ella