Chapter 26: The Confession

Eshan's POV Continues . . .

I stared at Sarah in shock as she told me everything.

I didn't know what I was feeling. What she told me was shocking but what was more shocking is that the person who I was married to was actually planning to kill me.

My chest was aching.

I wasn't mad at her.

I knew what she was doing was because she was forced to, but that only meant one thing.

And that was . . .

Sarah never felt anything towards me.

It felt like my heart was breaking into pieces.

When I met Sarah, I knew she was different than other girls. She was unique and never tried to impress or follow me.

From the moment I first landed my eyes on her . . . From the moment I first talked to her . . . From the moment I first saw her crying and laughing . . . I knew she was building a soft spot in my heart.

As time went by, I knew I was falling for her.

I never let anybody close to my heart because I knew that love was painful. I knew that I was a celebrity. I knew that woman only loved me for my frame. So, I never let any woman be close to my heart.

But, when I met Sarah, I didn't know when  . . . Or how . . . But, by the time I realized it, she had already made space for her in my heart.

I never told her straight that I liked her but her eyes . . . Her actions . . . Her cheeks that blushed like crazy when I would talk to her . . . I always thought she felt something for me from the dept of her heart.

But . . . Now . . . It just made me realize  that all this was probably an act.

She never loved me.

She only married me to save her sister's life.

I knew she did it by force but what about me?

She never loved me.

When I heard that she said 'yes,' to the marriage, I told she wanted to marry me. She wanted me like how I wanted her.

But . . .

I was wrong.

This whole thing was making me realize how wrong I was about her . . . About love  . . . About marriage . . .

I looked at Sarah who stood near the window. She looked like she was in a mess. She haven't stopped crying.

As much as I hated to see her like that, I couldn't built my courage to pull her in my arms to hug her.

Because . . .

Who was I to her?

I was just somebody she needed to deal with in order to save her sister's life.

I noticed her looked down as she muffled out with her sobbing voice, "Mr. Jatt, do . . . You . . . Hate . . . Me?"

It was a soft voice but filled with so much pain.

It was hurting me to see her like that. I couldn't hold myself any longer, so I walked to her and leaned near her.

"Sarah, I . . ." I didn't know what to say. "I don't hate you, Sarah."

She looked at me with her tearful eyes. "You don't?"

I shook my head. "No," I sighed and stood at a little distance. "I mean you went through so much in the past and you were doing this to save your sister . . ."