Chapter 4: The Unpredictable Crosspath

My eyes wided open as I stared at the large building. No matter how long I had been looking at it, I couldn't get over with the thought that this building belong to the Jatt Group of Company.

The building was huge and lavished. The exterior of the building was designed with glass and marble tiles and it almost looked like a twin tower.

I came here a few minutes ago after dropping Aliya to her school and since then I had been staring at the building. I couldn't believe I was going to have an interview here. I had to get the job though or else there would be issues.

"Yo, Sarah!" I heard my name suddenly called out from behind.

I turned around and saw my best friend, Nabil. He was wearing a t-shirt and pant with having 'Madona Cafè' logo printed on his t-shirt.

It was strange. I didn't expect him to be there.

I waved my hand at him and smiled. "Hey Nabil!" I smiled.

Nabil walked to me and smiled. "What are you doing here? I didn't expect you to be in the Prince Edward Islands."

"Oh, actually just moved in here a few days ago," I smiled. "What are you doing here? You never told me you are moving here."

"Yeah," he scratched his head. "I thought of telling you after I get settled, you know? I just came here a week ago and just working in my uncle's cafè."

I stared at his t-shirt and the logo. "So, you work in the 'Madona Cafè,' huh?"

"Yeah," he said. "I was standing on the second floor of the cafè when I saw you wearing all professional outfit which definetly looks bad on you-"

I smacked his head with my hand bag.

He laughed as I frowned.

I didn't look that bad, did I?

I was wearing a grey pencil skirt with black leggings. On the top, I wore a black coat and white top. My hijab was grey and wrapped perfectly covering my hair and chest.

"No seriously," he laughed. "What are you doing with looking all professional?"

"Well," I said as I begin to spin the handle that was on the hand bag on my hand. "I just came for an interview-" before I couldn't finish my sentence the handle of the bag slipped out of my hand and flew on the air.

I turned around and saw in horror as the bag swung across me and hit the person who was standing a few inch across me on his face, hard.

Oh crap!

My eyes wided in horror as the bag fell off his face and fall on the ground revealing the person's face who was non other than . . . Eshan Jatt.

Shit!

Shit!

Double shit!

What have I done?!

This was not how I thought our first meeting would look like.

I noticed him looking at me with tired eyes and his nose was bleeding. He looked really tired and pale and just when I thought I was going to get scolded, his body just dropped on the ground in front of me, leaving him senseless.

"Oh my gosh!" I panicked as I ran to him.

Nabil went near him as well and we both sat beside the senseless body.

He was not moving.

He was just lying down with his nose bleeding and was senseless.

Did I just . . . Killed him?