Chapter 22: The Wedding

The car parked in the parking lot of the mosque. I got out of the car and hold onto my long gown. Layla got out of her car as well and went on the back seat and took Aliya out of the car.

We walked towards the entrance of the mosque and went in the mosque. The mosque was big and had chandelier on the ceiling. The floor was carpeted.

There were a person sitting on the carpet and his back was facing against the wall. He was wearing a religious hat with a few papers in his hands. In front of him were four males, with one being a little child, all dressed in tuxedo and facing their front to the man. Beside the males, there sat a woman wearing a nice long gown with a hijab.

As we walked towards the people I noticed the man leaving aganist the wall was saying something to one guy who was wearing a velvet tuxedo with nice pants. He turned his head back to see me and when I saw him, I was a little shocked.

He was none other than Eshan.

He looked magnificent with wearing the tuxedo and his neck tie fitting his neck perfectly. The tuxedo hugged his body and fit him perfectly. I knew that he was handsome but this was a little too intense.

He looked like a model.

My cheeks heated up as I noticed him staring at me. I looked down and waited for him to look away but he didn't. The moment I looked at him again, he was still looking at me.

Eshan's brown eyes were looking into me as if he was looking at my heart. His brown hair had curls that were gelled to fit his outfit. the faint smile that I sometimes used to see wasn't there. Instead, his lips curved in a playful happy smile that I had never seen before.

My heart began to beat faster as I saw him like that. I bit my lips in nervousness when I felt Layla nudging my arms.

I looked at her and saw her grinning.

I looked away from her feeling embarassed.

"Assalamualikum!" Aliaya said as she ran to Eshan and hugged him.

Eshan put his arms around Eshan and hugged her back. "Walikum Assalam, sweetheart," Eshan said.

Aliya giggled as she then ran to Sayed and to hug him and to Eshan's grandpa. She then went to Yasir and did a little high five.

Yasir giggled and let her seat beside him.

The woman that was sitting got up and walked to me. She looked at me and smiled.

I had no idea who the woman was but she looked really beautiful, Mash Allah.

She had same features like Eshan and Yasir.

"Assalamualikum Sarah," she smiled and then hugged me. "I am Eshan's mom."

I hugged her back. Her warmth felt motherly.

So, she was Eshan's mom.

She pulled away from the hug and smiled. "I must say my son the best jewel to make her a part of our family," she said as I noticed my cheeks turning red. "I am sorry that i was in work and I couldn't meet you personally but Amir and Eshan told me about you. I am so glad you decided to be a part of the Jatt's family."

I smiled softly.

She turned me to the male who was holding a few papers. "That is the officiant speaker who is going go say the vows for the wedding" she said.

I looked at the officiant speaker and nodded. "Assalamualikum."

The officiant speaker nodded. "Walikum Assalam, Ms. Awan. Please have a seat beside the groom."

I nodded and slowly went near Eshan and sat beside him. Layla sat next to me.

"I am going to recite the vows in a while," he said.

We all nodded.

He began to look at some papers and began to arranged some papers when I felt Eshan leaning to my side and he ran his hand on his hair.

I looked at him a little nervously.

A playful smile played on his lips ad she leaned on the side when eveybody were busy with watching the officiant speaker working with the papers.

I felt my heart race as I noticed him leaning a little near to my side and then he smiled softly and said, "You look gorgeous today, Sarah. Mash Allah. That's how I want my bride to be."

My face flushed as I looked at him in shock and noticed him seating on his proper way and pretending as if nothing happened.

Honestly, he was so good at it but I was feeling so excited and embarrassed at the same time when he said such things.

"A-hem," the officiant speaker coughed as we both looked at him. "Here are the marriage registry forms. Please sign it."

We both nodded. I first signed the form and passed it to Eshan who also signed the form.

Then he looked at us. "I am going to now say the vows."

We noth nodded.

I began to feel nervous as the officiant speaker began to say the bow.

"I, Sarah Awan, offer myself in marriage in accordance with the instructions of the Holy Quran and the Holy Prophet, peace and blessing be upon him. I pledge, in honesty and with sincerity, to be for you an obedient and faithful wife."

The vow sank in my heart. As much as I was nervous my heart began to ache I realized that I was promising to be a faithful wife to Eshan when that was never my target.

I was making a promise in the holy place. I couldn't lie and I did wanted to fulfill the vow completely.

"Ms. Awan?" The officiant speaker said. "Do you agree?"

I nodded and feeling nervous I said, "I accept."

The officiant speaker looked at Eshan and spoke again. "I pledge, in honesty and sincerity, to be for you a faithful and helpful husband. Do you agree?"

Eshan nodded. "I accept and I promise to have my whole trust in my wife, even if the situation is bad or good," he began to say as I looked at him.

My eyes were not leaving his as he spoke the words, looking at the officiant speaker.

"I promise to take care of her and I promise to protect her," Eshan said as he looked at me. "I would always put her before me and I would always be her side."

I was really shocked.

I didn't expect Eshan to say it like that.

"From today, Ms. Sarah Awan and Mr. Eshan Jatt are finally married," the officiant speaker announced.

I could hear the kids clapping as everybody joined the kids to clap and hug eachother.

I was too confused un my head.

I just got married with Eshan and he vowed to protect me when I was his own enemy.

I looked at Eshan and noticed him holding my hand and squeeze it lightly.

It was as if he was assuring that everything was okay.

But he didn't know that everything wasn't okay. The game started here. Things would get worse and eventually Waali would force me to . . .

I looked at Eshan again and noticed him smiling.

I smiled back.

Just whatever . . .

Maybe Waali would try his best to make me do what he planned but I won't let it happen.

Because . . .

Eshan was slowly began to fill in my thoughts and the feelings that I began to fill in my heart made me realize how much deep I felt for Eshan.

I didn't know the name of this feeling that I knew one thing that I was slowly falling for Eshan and I won't hurt him at any cost.