Chapter 6: The Job

I sighed as I parked my car on the Jatt Group of Company building's parking lot. Today was my first official meeting with Amir Jatt about my job and I was actually late.

Why?

Because I had a talk with Aliya's school principal. I wanted to talk to the bully's parents but the principal said that the parents were busy and I would be able to talk to the bully's parents after school.

I couldn't believe that I spent hours in the principal's office, only finding out that I could talk to the bully's parents after the school was over.

I sighed and got out of the car. I began to walk towards the building and as I reached the entrance of the building I was stunned by how beautifully the building interior was structured.

The floor  was titled in grey stone and the walls were painted with rich grey color with the highlight of purple. I went to the reception desk to ask for Amir Jatt.

"Good morning," the receptionist said. "How may I help you today?"

"I came here to talk to Amir Jatt," I said.

She nodded. "Mr. Jatt is in his cabin in the floor 25. Just take the elevator and turned to your left and the cabin should be there."

I nodded and walked to the elevator. I took the elevator and pressed on the 25th button on the elevator. The elevator went to the 25th floor. I got out of the elevator and walked to my left where I door written, 'CEO's Cabin'

I knocked on the door a few times.

"Come in," I heard a firm reply.

I nodded and opened the door. I saw Amir Jatt was sitting on the table and was looking at some files.

"Good morning, Mr. Jatt," I said. "Sorry that I am a little late."

Amir looked at me and smiled. "Good morning, Sarah," he said as he put the file away. "It's fine. Have a seat."

I walked to the desk and took a seat across Amir.

Amir leaned on the chair and looked at me. "I am going to discuss about your job today, Sarah. I hope you are okay with the secretary position?" He asked.

I nodded. "Yes, Mr. Jatt."

Being secretary meant that I would be closer to Eshan which would be helpful in my mission.

"Sarah, before I want to discuss your job, I want to discuss about our company activities with you and how Eshan is involved in it, because you are going to be his secretary. Not mine."

I nodded.

Amir smiled and began to explain. "You probably know that our company is currently one of the most successful company in Canada. It wasn't this successful to begin with," he said. "However, today, the company is in such high position is only because of my son, Eshan's efforts."

I nodded and kept listening.

"Eshan joined the company as a very early age if 18. It was very early but he continued his studies as well as supported this company. Today, we have branches of this company in U.S.A., Mexico, Australia, and in Europe. I look after the branch in Mexico while my wife looks after the brach in Australia. My nephew looks after the branch in Europe and Eshan looks after the main branch in Canada and U.S.A. So, you can understand that he hold the most responsibility in the company as he works in the main branch. Which means, he has most meetings and works to attend and as a secretary, your duty would be always to attend every meetings and works with him," he explained.

I kept listening. "You would be asked to answer phone calls, arrange his personal and professional schedules, maintaining his appointments with out business clients, managing data base activities and taking an intake amount of workload. Of course your payment would be higher."

I nodded.

"The press and media issues are also going to be upto you to handle. Eshan is . . . Well . . . He just doesn't know how to stay in one place. He loves sneaking out the office and loves to go out in disguise just for fun. And I mind you, he has got caught with his bad disguise and there re magazines that have pictures of him with gossips for his weird behaviors. He is like a trouble magnet. Where businessmen are supposed to act professional, he does things that are often not considered professional and brings negative thoughts to his public media image. So, you are in charge of that too," he said.

I nodded.

This felt more like a babysitter than a job. Like I would babysit the young most successful business celebrity so that he could stay away from trouble.

"Your payment would be $21 per hour and you would work from Monday to Friday," he explained.

"Thank you. I understand," I said as I looked at the clock. It was almost near the school end time.

The meeting with Amir was so long that I kept checking my watch.

"You could check out some files if you want but Eshan is not here today. He would be coming office tomorrow," Amir said.

I looked back at my watch and sighed.

I needed to go to school to pick Aliya and have a talk with the bully's parents.

I looked at Amir and said, "Mr. Jatt, is it okay if I join this company from tomorrow?"

Amir raised his eyebrows. "Are you in a rush?"

I nodded. "Actually, I have to pick my sister. She is in grade 1."

Amir smiled. "Oh wow. Which school is she in?"

"Carnold Junior Public School," I said.

Amir looked shocked. "Wow, really? My son goes there too. My younger one. He is in grade 3 though."

I didn't expect that. "Oh, wow!"

"Yeah, apparently he did something really bad so Eshan went there to sort it out today," he sighed. "My younger son just following Eshan's footsteps. Eshan used to get call off to the principal's office everyday."

I laughed.

Who knew, the most successful businessman have such a troublesome past.

"I will let you leave today," Amir smiled.

I nodded. "Thank you, Mr. Jatt. Have a great day," I said as I stood up from the seat and began to walk towards the exit of the room.

I was a step closer to my mission.

Now, I just had to go to the school and needed to talk to the bully's parents.

--------------------

Assalamualim and hello!

Sorry for updating late. My internet was having issues.

I hope you enjoy this book and look forward for your support.

Love,
Ella