Zoe

My head hurts. Alot. It feels heavy, like really heavy. A headache worse than a hangover. What's happened? The last thing I remember is fighting with Alfie. Oh god, Alfie.

I can't see anything and I can't feel anything. Apart from my throbbing head and body. My stomach hurts too. Wait, my stomach. My baby! Is my baby okay? I hope he/she is. I don't know what I would do if I'm okay and my baby isn't.

I try to peel my eyes open. It's hard but I make it. I am suddenly blinded by a bright light shining down on me. I close my eyes again to adjust before opening them and looking around. I'm in an empty room. A hospital room.

I need a nurse or a doctor or someone. I need to know what's going on and if my baby is okay. Why am I in here? I'm about to press a red button next to my bed before the door flings open and in walks a nurse.

"Oh, you're awake" She smiles, "I'll just get the doctor" Then she walks out

I didn't get any answers from that, I'm still at square one. A few minutes later the doctor walks in. I read the tag and it says 'Dr Bold'. Weird name.

"Hello Miss Sugg, I'm Dr Bold" He introduces, "How are you feeling?" He takes out a pen and picks up the clipboard from the bottom of the bed.

"Sore, how is my baby?" I ask putting a hand to my stomach.

"Well there were a few complications" He frowned

I immediately panicked. "W-what do you mean?"

He walks over to me and lifts my shirt up, "You see that scar there?" He asks pointing to a long scar across my stomach that I've never seen before.

I nod, "Well from the impact of the car that hit you, you started internally bleeding and hemorrhaging. We had to get your baby out immediately as you wouldn't have been able to give birth and the baby would have died"

I let it sink in, "So my babies okay?"

He nods making me smile, "She is in the other room. Although, she was only 2 months grown she is severly premature and so tiny. She will have to be kept in hospital on a ventilator till she can breathe by herself. That could take months or even a year"

I let my smile falter but realise I shouldn't because she is alive and that's the main thing. Wait, she?

"She?" I ask, "It's a baby girl"

He nods and I smile wider. I have a baby girl. "So what exactly happened?" I ask, trying to recall my memories.

"You were aparently fighting with your boyfriend when you ran out and ran into oncoming traffic and got hit by a car. Good job your boyfriend followed you, god knows what more could have happened. Even though yous were fighting, and I don't know what about, I say you forgive him for whatever it was. He seems really genuine and cares about you, you shouldn't let him go. Your parents now, stay together and be stronger than ever" He says before putting the clipboard back on my bed and leaving the room.

I am left speechless, he just said all that to me. He's right though, I shouldn't hold a grudge on Alfie, he means so much to me and it wasn't his fault. I'm sure he is blaming himself so much right now. I need to see him.

I press the little red button next to my bed and the nurse from earlier walks in.

"How can I help?" She smiles

"I'd like to see my boyfriend please, Alfie" I smile

She nods and walks to the door, "Oh, before I leave, here is your painkillers and some water. Take one now and the rest every 4 hours. I'll be back to check on you soon" She smiles before walking out.