Alfie

It was Sunday and the day Marcus was allowed to come home.

He isn't in a wheelchair anymore, just crutches. His leg healed better than they thought but he is still in a cast.

Niomi was certainly looking after him. We were all so happy he was coming home.

He is going to stay Zoe's for about a week because he lives on his own. Niomi will be staying too. We're just going to look after him for a while.

I got in my car and headed to the hospital. I was going to pick up Marcus whilst the girls stayed at home.

I arrived at the hospital and gathered Marcus' things. He checked himself out and we got into the car.

"How are ya mate?" I asked

"Not bad, I keep getting headaches now and then but nothing major"

I nodded, keeping my eyes on the road. I'm surprised how comfortable he felt in a car after what he had just been through.

He turned the radio on and the music started to play throughout the car. Marcus started jamming, making me laugh.

I really missed him. He wasn't really gone, but it frightened me. It gave me a massive reality check.

Never take anything for granted because it can be taken away in a blink of an eye. Like Marcus nearly was.

It also made me think about Zoe. I could loose her before I even have her, and I don't want that.

"Alfie?" Marcus asked again

I must have zoned out in deep thought.

"Uh what?" I said, shaking my head.

"You weren't listening to me" He chuckled.

I just laughed back.

"Marcus" I said

He hummed, signalling for me to carry on.

"I've been thinking. I don't want to loose Zoe and I really like her. I was thinking of maybe taking her on a date soon and asking her to be my girlfriend" I said

Marcus grinned, "Yes man! Go for it! I think she really likes you and you'd be great together"

I smiled, thinking she may like me back, "Could you maybe ask Niomi to gossip and find out if she actually likes me? I don't want to make a fool out of myself" I sheepishly said

Marcus nodded, "Sure mate, but i'm 99% sure she does" He winked and nudged me just as we pulled up to Zoe's house.

I helped Marcus out of the car and we made our way inside.