Zoe

*100 READS AND I'LL UPDATE*

We all got in my car and headed to the hospital. The car ride was basically silent.

None of us knew what to say. Joe broke the silence a few minutes later and we all made small talk between us.

We arrived at the hospital and all made our way to the reception. Niomi wasn't around so we asked for a 'Marcus Butler' and she pointed us in the right direction.

We stopped at the room Alfie was in hours before and took a few deep breaths.

Alfie was first to walk in and we all followed behind. A sleeping Niomi was sat in one of the provided seats, holding Marcus' pale hand.

My heart sunk for her. She must be having it so hard right now.

Alfie went and sat on the other chair and put his head in his hands.

Someone knocked on the door and a doctor walked in. Niomi was still asleep so Joe and I went outside to talk to him.

"Is he going to be okay?" Was my first question.

The doctor took a deep breath, "He is recovering from the surgery he had on his leg"

"But..?" Joe said

"We don't know how he will recover from his head injury. He may sustain permanent brain damage, he may go into a coma, we have no idea. It's touch and go" He said

I felt tears running down my cheeks. This has all happened at once.

It's going to kill Niomi and Alfie when they find out.