Zoe

Niomi and I were at the local store, looking for the pregnancy tests. How many different kinds were there? How many do I need?

"Which one?" I whispered

I heard her hum in though, "This one" She said picking up one that said 'Clearblue'

I nodded, taking it from her hands and walking to the checkout.

It was an average aged lady behind the till, and soon enough, we were at the front of the line.

She gave me a disapproving look, probably thinking I'm younger than 24. I don't look 24, it's still young to be a mother though. I don't think I'm ready for this.

She scanned the items and I payed quickly, wanting to be out of here as soon as I can.

Then something caught my eye, or someone.

Alfie.

Shit shit shit shit! He can't see me here, I've been avoiding him!

Also, what will he think seeing me walking out of a shop with a pregnancy test in my bag.

I nudged Niomi and pointed over to him. She looked confused until she realised who I was pointing at and her eyes popped out of her head.

We started to leave, quickly. I kept my head down low, hoping he wouldn't notice me.

I felt someone ram into me, making me fall onto the floor and the contents of the bag pouring out.

I heard someone quickly apologise and I just nodded, really annoyed.

"Zoe?" I heard, I looked up and locked eyes with the one person I had been avoiding.

Fuck, busted.

He started talking to me but I wasn't totally listening.

"Zoe?" I heard, again, "Why do you have this?"

Confusion was written all over his face as I looked up.

In his hand, was the test. My eyes widened and my jaw dropped. How am I meant to explain this?

'Oh yeah Alfie I think I'm pregnant and we've only been going out a few months, it's all under control', Yeah, no. Not the best idea.

I stayed silent, not knowing what to say.

Niomi spoke up, distracting me from my thoughts, "It's mine"

I looked at her, "Please don't tell Marcus yet"

She put on her best pleading face.

Phew, I owe her BIG TIME. No joke. She just saved me.

Alfie's face formed an 'O' shape and he 'ahh'd'.

He nodded understanding.

"Well I hope everything works out for you" He smiled at her.

She smiled back.

Alfie came over to me and gave me a peck on the lips.

"We'd better be going, I'll see you later" I said, rushing out of the shop as fast as I could.

We went back to the house and Niomi handed me the test, shoving me into the bathroom.

Aparrently the one we got is the best there is, so it better be right.

I did my business on the stick, which was a bit weird.

I left the bathroom to see Niomi pacing the room, biting her nails. Isn't it me who's meant to be nervous?

Somehow, this felt right. And no matter what happens, it's fate and this is how my life is going to go. This is what was meant to happen. Either I need to take the responsibility as a mother or I can live my life to the full with Alfie. This little stick, decides my future.

Soon, the 3 minutes were up and I went over to the stick.

The 2 little lines I saw, just decided my future.

'Positive'

"Niomi, I'm pregnant"