Alfie

Today's the day. I'm going to ask Zoe out on a date.

I have been holding it off for a few days because the truth is, I'm afraid of getting rejected.

I've always been afraid of rejection, I think that's why I haven't really asked many girls out.

I'm going to ask Zoe though, I have to.

Ugh I'll ask her later.

I was sitting on the couch, just scrolling through all my social media. I really needed to edit my new video but I was just so stressed out that I put it on hold for a few hours. I hope the fans don't get too mad.

Marcus came hobbling through in his crutches, "Hey man" He said, sitting next to me.

"Hey" I replied, "What's up?"

He got straight to the point, "You asked Zo yet?"

I groaned and threw my head back, "No man, I haven't"

"Well you better move your ass and do it before someone else does"

This made my head snap up. What? Who's someone else? Is someone else asking her on a date? Does someone else fancy her?

"What do you mean?" I asked

"I mean," He started, "Your slacking so much that she is gonna find someone else and think you don't like her back man! Niomi has a gossip with her and turns out she really likes you dude! Get in there!"

I let all his words sink in. He's right, I just need to man up and ask her before I loose her. I have one chance and I'm going to take it.

"Thanks man" I said, patting him on the back and leaving to search for Zoe.

I got up and looked around. I found her in the kitchen talking to Niomi.

I walked in and coughed so they would notice me. They both looked up and smiled, "Hey Zo, Nim"

They replied with a hello back before I spoke, "Hey Zo, can we talk a minute?"

She nodded and Niomi got that as a signal to leave. She got up and I took the seat she was previously sitting on, across from Zoe.

"What's up?" Zoe asked, sipping her tea.

"I was wondering" I started nervously, "Do you maybe want to go for dinner on Friday? Like just us two?" I crossed my fingers under the table.

"Really?" Zoe's face lit up, "Sure!" She smiled.

A grin broke out on my face, "Great"

Zoe was suddenly in a happier mood and I hoped that was because of me.

"Friday it is then" She grinned, leaving me the happiest man on earth.