Alfie

We had finished the pizzas and were about halfway through the film when a head slipped onto my shoulder.

Zoe and I were under a blanket, slightly cuddled up. Zoe has obviously fallen asleep and leaned her head against my shoulder. Aww.

She looks so cute when she sleeps. She must have been tired. I lifted my arm up and put it around her, keeping her secure.

Then, I slowly felt myself drifting off too.

----------------

I was awoken by a buzzing on my bum. What the? I rubbed my eyes and noticed it was my phone going off in my back pocket.

I looked around and noticed it was dark, the TV had finished and everyone else was asleep.

I looked at the time and noticed it was 2:30am. I looked at the Caller ID; Niomi. Why is she phoning me at this time?

I answered it, still half asleep.

"Hello?"

"Where are you Alfie? I've been phoning for ages!"

"What is it Nim, it's 2:30 in the bloody morning"

"It's Marcus" She paused "He's been in an accident"

I felt my heart stop. What? Oh god.

"W-what happened?" I stuttered

"He was in a crash. It's quite bad. I suggest you come to the hospital quick." She sounded broken.

"Ye-yeah of course. I'll be there in half an hour"

I hung up the phone and tried to get my mind around everything. Marcus is going to be okay, right? He has to be!

I rummaged around the room and collected all of my stuff, waking up Zoe in the process.

"Alfie?" She said.

I ignored her. I was frantic. I didn't even know what to say.

"What are you doing?" She asked

"I have to go Zoe. I'm sorry" I said rushing out the door.

I heard her calling after me but I didn't turn back.

Right now Marcus is my priority.