Alfie

*100 READS AND I'LL UPDATE*

I drove to the hospital as fast as I could, not bothering about any speed limits.

I pulled up and parked in the nearest space. I ran to the reception and asked for Marcus Butler.

"Alfie!" I heard someone shout

I turned around to find a frantic Niomi crying her eyes out.

"Niomi!" I shouted back and ran up to her, hugging her. I was just happy to see someone, I was about to break down myself.

"How is he?" I asked starting to get really upset

"He just came out of surgery, they has to work on his left leg and it got trapped. They don't know if he'll walk again" She said inbetween sniffles.

My heart broke for her, I can see how upset she is. She has it harder than me for sure.

"Can we see him?" I asked

She nodded and started walking to his room. I followed quick behind her.

We stopped at a room that had the number 238 on the door. I took a deep breath as Niomi opened the door. I needed to brace myself for what I'm about to see.

I walked in behind her and what I saw just broke me. I can never unsee it.

In front of me, was my best friend. Marcus Butler. Lying there, broken. He had cuts all over his body, a bandage around his head and a cast on his leg. He had loads of wires coming out of his hands and arms.

I didn't like what I saw, and I immediatly broke down.

I felt so bad for cracking, I had to be strong for Niomi.

She rushed over as she started crying herself, she embraced me in a hug and we cried together.

"He won't wake up for a few hours" She said.

I nodded and broke the hug. I went and sat on the couch next to him.

I soon fell into a deep sleep.

___________________________________

I woke up when I felt someone shoving my shoulder. I groaned and I heard someone talking.

"Alfie! Alfie! Wake up!" I opened my eyes to see a frantic Niomi.

"What is it?" I asked, clueless.

That's when I heard it. The continuous beeping. The long beep sound that no one ever wanted to hear in a hospital room.

Then I saw it. All the nurses and doctors rushing in, dragging Niomi and I away.

We got rushed out of the room and Niomi was frantically shaking and crying. I looked at my watch and realised I has basically slept the whole day as it was around 6pm.

A nurse noticed how Niomi was reacting so took up to a quiet room where we could calm down. We sat down and she started to feel a bit calmer.

Then something popped into my head. Zoe. I had left her so quickly this morning that I had no time to explain and I haven't spoken to her all day! I need to see her.

I pulled out my phone and texted her. "Can I come over? It's important"

It really was important. Marcus was just in a car accident and by the looks of it, just had a cardiac arrest.

About 30 minutes went past and she hasn't texted me back.

"Niomi, I need to go somewhere. I'll be back soon"

I did the only thing I could think off.

I just went straight to her house.